For two weeks this summer, area teens will have the opportunity to attend an accelerated Fashion BOOT Camp on the campus of Mount Mary University, 2900 N. Menomonee River Parkway, Milwaukee. The pre-college program for high school students runs June 23 – July 3 and introduces teens to styling, merchandising and garment design and construction. All of the classes are taught by talented professors from Mount Mary’s fashion department and industry professionals.
Students will get hands-on experience creating eye-catching looks for photo shoots, using fashion industry software to create a 3-D virtual store, developing their drawing skills and learning how to sew.
Bjorn Nasett, an area fashion writer and stylist, and Brenda Schweder, a jewelry artist, inventor and author of several books, are two of the industry professionals who are part of the camp. Students can choose from an assortment of classes ranging from jewelry making to machine knitting to fashion photography.
Both full and half-day camp options are available. Full-day sessions run 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Half-day sessions run 8:30 a.m. to noon or 1:00 to 4:00 p.m. A July 7 fashion field trip is planned.
The full day camp is $775 and the half-day camp is $400. The camp fee includes supplies, snacks and beverages. Lunch is included for full-day registrants.
For more information or to register, contact Trish Kuehnl or Sarah Eichhorn at 414-258-4810, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or visit mtmary.edu.
Mount Mary University, founded in 1913 by the School Sisters of Notre Dame, was Wisconsin’s first four-year, degree-granting Catholic institution for women. Located on an 80-acre campus in Milwaukee, the University offers more than 30 undergraduate majors for women and eight graduate programs for women and men. Mount Mary also emphasizes study abroad, service learning, and social justice initiatives. Its nearly 1,500 students enjoy small class sizes (average 14) and over 90 percent of full-time students receive financial aid or scholarships. Through academic offerings, research opportunities, access to real life industry experience, and community service, Mount Mary develops individuals to be leaders in their professions and their communities, serving as role models to inspire achievement in others. Visit Mount Mary at www.mtmary.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park