Students from three Wauwatosa schools competed at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 21-24 in Knoxville, Tenn.
DI is an international educational program that stresses creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. DI participants solve open-ended problems, or challenges, that incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning.
The Tosa teams--from Lincoln, Longfellow and Tosa East--began working on their challenge solutions last fall. At the state DI tournament in April, they finished in the top three in their respective divisions and qualified for the international competition.
DI Global Finals, which is considered the world's largest celebration of creativity, brought together more than 1,400 teams from 40 states and at least a dozen foreign countries, including China, South Korea, Brazil, Singapore, Romania, Guatemala, Poland, Turkey and Qatar.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic