Students from three Wauwatosa schools competed at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 21-24 in Knoxville, Tenn.
DI is an international educational program that stresses creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. DI participants solve open-ended problems, or challenges, that incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning.
The Tosa teams--from Lincoln, Longfellow and Tosa East--began working on their challenge solutions last fall. At the state DI tournament in April, they finished in the top three in their respective divisions and qualified for the international competition.
DI Global Finals, which is considered the world's largest celebration of creativity, brought together more than 1,400 teams from 40 states and at least a dozen foreign countries, including China, South Korea, Brazil, Singapore, Romania, Guatemala, Poland, Turkey and Qatar.
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark
- IHN Names Lenzner VP of Clinical Integration
- Bertka Appointed to Medical College Faculty
- Lubar Supply Chain Team Ranks Third in World Competition
- Studio Barcelona on Vliet Street in Washington Heights Opens to Offer Annie Sloan Chalk Paint, Creative Workshops and Hand-painted Furniture
- Callen’s Tips for Transforming Small Interior Spaces
- Hoops for Awareness
- THE VELVETEEN RABBIT