Students from three Wauwatosa schools competed at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 21-24 in Knoxville, Tenn.
DI is an international educational program that stresses creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. DI participants solve open-ended problems, or challenges, that incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning.
The Tosa teams--from Lincoln, Longfellow and Tosa East--began working on their challenge solutions last fall. At the state DI tournament in April, they finished in the top three in their respective divisions and qualified for the international competition.
DI Global Finals, which is considered the world's largest celebration of creativity, brought together more than 1,400 teams from 40 states and at least a dozen foreign countries, including China, South Korea, Brazil, Singapore, Romania, Guatemala, Poland, Turkey and Qatar.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council