Students from three Wauwatosa schools competed at the Destination Imagination Global Finals May 21-24 in Knoxville, Tenn.
DI is an international educational program that stresses creativity, teamwork and problem-solving. DI participants solve open-ended problems, or challenges, that incorporate STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics), the arts and service learning.
The Tosa teams--from Lincoln, Longfellow and Tosa East--began working on their challenge solutions last fall. At the state DI tournament in April, they finished in the top three in their respective divisions and qualified for the international competition.
DI Global Finals, which is considered the world's largest celebration of creativity, brought together more than 1,400 teams from 40 states and at least a dozen foreign countries, including China, South Korea, Brazil, Singapore, Romania, Guatemala, Poland, Turkey and Qatar.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces Academic Scholarship Availability
- Howard Village Hosts Fall Open House
- Hart Park Square celebrates 10th Anniversary
- Milwaukee Backgammon Meetup