Wilmore, Ky — Claire Perreault, Wisconsin’s number-one ranked high school goalie, has signed a letter of commitment to join Asbury’s inaugural women’s lacrosse team in 2014-15.
“I’m so excited to be a part of this,” she said. “It’s such a great opportunity. Everyone on our team is going to make history.”
As Claire looks toward the future, she reflects on how far she has come in four years. She started playing lacrosse as a freshman.
“I had no idea what lacrosse was. I had never touched a stick before. In my sophomore year, my team needed a starting goalie and I stepped up.”
Claire, a senior at Waukesha West High School who plans to major in art therapy at Asbury, spent a year learning her position and turning herself into a goalie. She practiced, watched video, and received as much coaching as she could find. It wasn’t long before she posted a 60% save percentage.
“She’s an amazing young lady,” said Rich Manieri, Asbury’s head coach. “She’s as determined as anyone I’ve ever met. She’ll be a great goalie and she’ll also be a wonderful teammate and leader.”
“I work hard and try to rise to any and every challenge I am given,” Claire said. “I have a strong drive to reach my goals and will do whatever it takes to get there.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How light therapy heals wounds
- Holiday Happenings on Vliet Street!!
- Holiday Folk Fair Producer to Help Fight Ebola
- CIGARMKE - KNOW YOUR LEAF - PART 1
- CIGARMKE LET'S GET LIT - FALL 2014 ON NOV. 8TH
- Local Businesses in Three Communities Band Together to Fight Hunger, Support New Berlin Food Pantry
- Our TreASures … Our Heart
- Cardiovascular and cancer researcher elected Fellow of the American Heart Association
- Mini Book Sale December 8th
- Parenting: Love and Logic