Wilmore, Ky — Claire Perreault, Wisconsin’s number-one ranked high school goalie, has signed a letter of commitment to join Asbury’s inaugural women’s lacrosse team in 2014-15.
“I’m so excited to be a part of this,” she said. “It’s such a great opportunity. Everyone on our team is going to make history.”
As Claire looks toward the future, she reflects on how far she has come in four years. She started playing lacrosse as a freshman.
“I had no idea what lacrosse was. I had never touched a stick before. In my sophomore year, my team needed a starting goalie and I stepped up.”
Claire, a senior at Waukesha West High School who plans to major in art therapy at Asbury, spent a year learning her position and turning herself into a goalie. She practiced, watched video, and received as much coaching as she could find. It wasn’t long before she posted a 60% save percentage.
“She’s an amazing young lady,” said Rich Manieri, Asbury’s head coach. “She’s as determined as anyone I’ve ever met. She’ll be a great goalie and she’ll also be a wonderful teammate and leader.”
“I work hard and try to rise to any and every challenge I am given,” Claire said. “I have a strong drive to reach my goals and will do whatever it takes to get there.”
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School