FOOD NETWORK EPISODE of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in Hawaii
On May 23rd Food Network's "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" is featuring Uahi Island Grill in Kailua, Hawaii owned by Nick Yamada and Nani Nikcevich. Danielle "Nani" Nikcevich is a West Allis, WI native and graduate of Nathan Hale High School. She went to college at Hawaii Pacific University and never returned. Nani met Bear at Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe where she was a waitress and he the chef. In September 2007 Nani and Nick who is affectionately referred to as "Bear" opened the Uahi Island Grill. They moved in 2010 to their current location and are set to launch their first mobile restaurant (Food Truck) in just a few weeks.
Nani still has family in the area including her father, Bozidar that lives in Wauwatosa. Check them out at http://www.uahiislandgrill.com
This trip, Guy's cruisin' through Hawaii for an authentic taste of Oahu.
Upcoming Airings View Full TV Schedule, check local listings for times.
Fri, May 23 10|9c Sat, May 24 1a|12c Mon, June 2 11:30|10:30c Tue, June 3 2:30a|1:30
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/1900-series/island-flavor.html?oc=linkback
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Lutheran Home Foundation Monarch Ball Raises Record Amount
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Concordia University Wisconsin Celebrates Homecoming
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners
- SHE KILLS MONSTERS comedy opens at UW-Waukesha
- Metro Milwaukee Home Remodeler S.J. Janis Hires Two Carpenters
- Concordia University Presents "Faces of Depression" Art Exhibit
- Consumers Name Foti Chiropractic “Top Choice” for Chiropractic Care