FOOD NETWORK EPISODE of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives in Hawaii
On May 23rd Food Network's "Diners, Drive Ins and Dives" is featuring Uahi Island Grill in Kailua, Hawaii owned by Nick Yamada and Nani Nikcevich. Danielle "Nani" Nikcevich is a West Allis, WI native and graduate of Nathan Hale High School. She went to college at Hawaii Pacific University and never returned. Nani met Bear at Haleiwa Joe's in Kaneohe where she was a waitress and he the chef. In September 2007 Nani and Nick who is affectionately referred to as "Bear" opened the Uahi Island Grill. They moved in 2010 to their current location and are set to launch their first mobile restaurant (Food Truck) in just a few weeks.
Nani still has family in the area including her father, Bozidar that lives in Wauwatosa. Check them out at http://www.uahiislandgrill.com
This trip, Guy's cruisin' through Hawaii for an authentic taste of Oahu.
Upcoming Airings View Full TV Schedule, check local listings for times.
Fri, May 23 10|9c Sat, May 24 1a|12c Mon, June 2 11:30|10:30c Tue, June 3 2:30a|1:30
Read more at: http://www.foodnetwork.com/shows/diners-drive-ins-and-dives/1900-series/island-flavor.html?oc=linkback
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, ue to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances