UW-Waukesha Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble Theatre Announces Auditions for Summer Musical, Kiss Me Kate
WAUKESHA – The University of Wisconsin-Waukesha’s Theatre Department announces auditions for KISS ME KATE, a musical based on William Shakespeare’s comedy, Taming of the Shrew with music and lyrics by Cole Porter. A play-within-a-play, with musical numbers including “Why Can't You Behave,”
“So In Love Am I,” “Wunderbar,” “Tom, Dick or Harry,” “Were Thine That Special Face,” “Too Darn Hot,” “Brush Up Your Shakespeare,” “I Hate Men,”
“Always True to You (In My Fashion)” and “Another Op'nin, Another Show,”
KISS ME KATE is fun, melodious and sophisticated.
Production crew includes director Steve Decker, musical directors Craig Hurst and Nancy Van Brunt, choreography Ryan Cappleman and two-time Tony award winning costume designer and guest artist, Franne Lee.
Auditions for the Lunt-Fontanne Ensemble production of KISS ME KATE will consist of one-half hour appointments and be held on the UW-Waukesha campus Sunday, May 18 and Monday, May 19. Actors are asked to prepare 16 bars of song to demonstrate their vocal skills and are asked to provide sheet music for the provided accompanist. Vocal selections from the show will be available in advance if actors would rather sing from the show. Callbacks for dance and readings from the script will take place the week of May 19.
The rehearsal schedule takes place in the evenings three to four times each week and will commence the first week of June. There will be some planned days off around the Fourth of July holiday.
There are roles for a cast of 20-plus, male and female adults, all ages and types. There are also roles for four children/teens ranging from ages 8-13 needed for this production. Auditions are open to community members as well as UW-Waukesha students. Contact director and Associate Professor Steve Decker at 262-521-5209 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- First Congregational Church Offers Seminar on How to Help the Grieving
- Peter Mayer Concert in November
- Film Screening: Merchants of Doubt
- Monster Run Movie and Pumpkin Lighting
- Lutheran Home Foundation Monarch Ball Raises Record Amount
- Holiday Folk Fair to Help Celebrate Italian Heritage Month
- Rudyard Kipling comes to Milwaukee in advance of his 150th birthday!
- R.A. Smith National Given Green Light from FAA on Commercial Use of Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS)
- Concordia University Wisconsin Celebrates Homecoming
- Local Contractor on Mission to Educate First Time Homeowners