Alverno College will hold its 149th commencement this weekend as 177 students walk across the Pitman Theatre stage (39th St. and Morgan Ave.) to receive their undergraduate degrees. The ceremony will be on May 17 at 2 p.m. Fifty-six master’s candidates will receive their degrees from Alverno on Friday, May 16, at 7:00 p.m.
Commencement activities for undergraduates will begin with an 11 a.m. liturgy in the Alverno College chapel, followed by a brunch for degree candidates and their families. The undergraduate commencement introduction will be given by Tanya Darge, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in Professional Communication; the undergraduate invocation will be given by Shagufta Khan, who will receive a Bachelor of Science degree in Molecular Biology; and the student address, “When Did You Know?” will be given by Courtney Lord, who will receive a Bachelor of Arts degree in English Language Arts. The graduate commencement invocation will be given by Julie Witczak, who will receive a Master of Arts in Education degree. A champagne reception will follow the graduate commencement ceremony. Khan and Lord are Milwaukee residents, Darge is from Wauwatosa, and Witczak is from Gurnee, Ill.
About Alverno College
Alverno College, a four-year independent, Catholic, liberal arts college for women, exists to promote the personal and professional development of its students. The college has earned accolades and respect internationally for its highly effective ability-based, assessment-as-learning approach to education, and has consulted with three U.S. presidential administrations on accountability and outcomes in higher education. For the last four years, Alverno College was ranked one of the top three schools in the Midwest doing “the best job of educating undergrads” by U.S. News & World Report. Educators from throughout the world visit Alverno to learn about its proven, student-centered teaching methods.
Alverno offers more than 35 major program areas of study, including graduate programs in education, nursing, community psychology and business that are open to women and men. For more information about Alverno, visit www.alverno.edu or call 414-382-6100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin Announces 14th Annual Big League Blood Drive
- Callen Designer Suggests Modifications That Benefit People of All Ages
- Stan’s Fit For Your Feet Promotes Sajdak and Names Kim Marketing Coordinator
- On Course for a Cure: Golfers tee off for digestive disease research
- Milwaukee/NARI Foundation Announces 2015 Fall Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Free Homeowner
- Menomonee Falls Resident Elected to National Pharmacy Board, Receives National Honor
- Karpinski Elected to National Pharmacy Board, Receives National Honor
- MCW researcher wins Imagine More Award for neuroscience research
- SMOKIN' ACES & CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE