Readers of the Milwaukee Journal’s Green Sheet will remember the city’s own advice columnist and, for more than 50 years, Wisconsin’s best-known journalist. Ione Quinby Griggs is the subject of the Wauwatosa Historical Society’s Speakers’ Series at 7 p.m. Tuesday, May 13, at the First Congregational Church, 1511 Church St. in Wauwatosa.
Authors Genevieve McBride and Stephen R. Byers, professors at major Milwaukee universities, will talk about their new book, "Dear Mrs. Griggs: Women Readers Pour Out Their Hearts in the Heartland.
They say the legacy of five decades of letters and Mrs. Griggs’ common-sense replies offer insight into the lives of the letter writers as well as the times.
McBride and Byers were reporters for the Journal, from which Griggs retired in 1985. She died in 1991 at the age of 100.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School