Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) will host a one night-only screening of the film “Guilty 'Til Proven Innocent” at the Oriental Theater, 2330 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee, on Thursday, May 8 at 7:15 p.m.
Over the years, pit bull-type dogs have been subject to breed-specific legislation in Wisconsin communities, including Cudahy, Milwaukee, South Milwaukee, and St. Francis. “Guilty 'Til Proven Innocent” examines breed-specific legislation, the effect it has on communities, and answers the important question: "Do we have a dangerous dog breed problem, or just dangerous laws targeting dogs?"
A post-screening fundraiser will be held immediately after at Vintage, 2203 N. Prospect Ave. in Milwaukee. Vintage will donate all proceeds from the sale of Pabst beer to Friends of MADACC. Several adoptable pit bulls will also attend the fundraiser.
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting community awareness and improving the welfare of Milwaukee County's homeless animals. MADACC rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC works with more than 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place these animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding permanent, caring homes. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been transferred to a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC. In addition, MADACC offers low-cost spay/neuter, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about the film and to purchase tickets, visit www.gtpifilm.com/Screenings/. For more information about Friends of MADACC, visit www.madaccfriends.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Integrated Health Network Adds Director of Program Implementation
- A New Woof! Callen Offers Ideas for Remodeling for Your Pet
- St. Pius X Welcomes Choice School
- Catholic Singles Memorial Day Picnic
- Milwaukee/NARI Tour Of Remodeled Homes Partners With The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County
- Knapp Chiropractic raises money for Safe Babies Healthy Families at third anniversary event
- FREE to the Public - Outdoor Workouts at Anytime Falls
- Lutheran Home Hires Wolkomir as Social Services Director
- Wauwatosa East's first EcoFair
- Director of NIH National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute to visit MCW