Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) will host a one night-only screening of the film “Guilty 'Til Proven Innocent” at the Oriental Theater, 2330 N. Farwell Ave. in Milwaukee, on Thursday, May 8 at 7:15 p.m.
Over the years, pit bull-type dogs have been subject to breed-specific legislation in Wisconsin communities, including Cudahy, Milwaukee, South Milwaukee, and St. Francis. “Guilty 'Til Proven Innocent” examines breed-specific legislation, the effect it has on communities, and answers the important question: "Do we have a dangerous dog breed problem, or just dangerous laws targeting dogs?"
A post-screening fundraiser will be held immediately after at Vintage, 2203 N. Prospect Ave. in Milwaukee. Vintage will donate all proceeds from the sale of Pabst beer to Friends of MADACC. Several adoptable pit bulls will also attend the fundraiser.
Friends of MADACC (Milwaukee Area Domestic Animal Control Commission) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting community awareness and improving the welfare of Milwaukee County's homeless animals. MADACC rescues and assures safe, temporary shelter, veterinary, and humane care for stray, unwanted, abandoned, mistreated, and injured animals — more than any other animal control shelter in Wisconsin. MADACC works with more than 75 area shelters and rescue groups to place these animals into adoption programs so they have a second chance at finding permanent, caring homes. Dogs and cats that are eligible for placement but have not been transferred to a shelter or rescue group are available for adoption directly from MADACC. In addition, MADACC offers low-cost spay/neuter, rabies vaccinations, and micro-chipping services.
For more information about the film and to purchase tickets, visit www.gtpifilm.com/Screenings/. For more information about Friends of MADACC, visit www.madaccfriends.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Governor Recognizes Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month
- Outsourcing Payroll and HR: The Payroll Company Advantage
- West Allis Central Class of 1979 Reunion
- BBB Tips for Summer Fair Purchases
- Lose Your Job? Your Blueprint to Recovery: Top 10 Things To Do NOW!
- Dental Associates Opens Downtown Clinic in Iron Block Building
- National Farmer's Market Week!!!
- C.H. Coakley Successfully Moves Another Milwaukee Company
- Foti Chiropractic Sending Make-A-Wish Recipient to Disney World
- Storytimes at Yo Mama! Frozen Yogurt and Goodies