May is National Older Adults Month. As one way of honoring this important and growing part of the population, Luther Manor is hosting its second annual Senior Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to noon on May 1.
“The 2014 Senior Health and Wellness Fair is a unique opportunity for older adults to connect with health and wellness professionals in the community – all gathered under one roof,” said Kate Bertram, Luther Manor Director of Marketing.
A few of the health and wellness organizations that will be represented at the event include:
• HealthReach Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
• Columbia-St. Mary’s
• Kneupple Health Services
• Avada Audiology and Hearing Care
• Universal Link - Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Luther Manor programs and services
“We hope that not only older adults in the community will take advantage of the Senior Health and Wellness Fair, but also their children,” Bertram said. “If you have aging parents or grandparents, this fair is a great resource.”
Exhibitors will be offering information about chiropractic care, massage and physical therapy, fitness and nutrition, and an assortment of other topics. Complimentary hearing screenings will be offered.
“We believe everyone over the age of 55 should have one done, so we offer a free hearing exam as a community service,” said Amanda Richardson, Avada Hearing Instrument Specialist. The exam takes five to 10 minutes. Avada will also provide complimentary hearing aid cleaning.
Upper extremity dexterity and strength tests will be offered by HealthReach.
“Last year we offered balance tests,” said Dayna Hein, Director of HealthReach at Luther Manor. “We wanted to present people with something fun and different this year.”
HealthReach will be using a nine-hole peg test to assess upper extremity dexterity and sit to stand exercise to evaluate strength.
Broadcasting live at the event will be WTMJ’s Jeff Wagner, so stop by and say hello. Everyone who attends is invited to sign up for a chance to win one of our incredible raffle prizes.
Doors open at 10 a.m. and the Health and Wellness Fair will conclude at noon. The event will take place in the Lippold Faith and Education Center at Luther Manor, 4545 N. 92nd St., Wauwatosa, WI 53225. Enter the Luther Manor community at the north drive and follow the signage.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde