May is National Older Adults Month. As one way of honoring this important and growing part of the population, Luther Manor is hosting its second annual Senior Health and Wellness Fair from 10 a.m. to noon on May 1.
“The 2014 Senior Health and Wellness Fair is a unique opportunity for older adults to connect with health and wellness professionals in the community – all gathered under one roof,” said Kate Bertram, Luther Manor Director of Marketing.
A few of the health and wellness organizations that will be represented at the event include:
• HealthReach Rehabilitation Services, Inc.
• Columbia-St. Mary’s
• Kneupple Health Services
• Avada Audiology and Hearing Care
• Universal Link - Center for Communication, Hearing & Deafness
• Alzheimer’s Association
• Luther Manor programs and services
“We hope that not only older adults in the community will take advantage of the Senior Health and Wellness Fair, but also their children,” Bertram said. “If you have aging parents or grandparents, this fair is a great resource.”
Exhibitors will be offering information about chiropractic care, massage and physical therapy, fitness and nutrition, and an assortment of other topics. Complimentary hearing screenings will be offered.
“We believe everyone over the age of 55 should have one done, so we offer a free hearing exam as a community service,” said Amanda Richardson, Avada Hearing Instrument Specialist. The exam takes five to 10 minutes. Avada will also provide complimentary hearing aid cleaning.
Upper extremity dexterity and strength tests will be offered by HealthReach.
“Last year we offered balance tests,” said Dayna Hein, Director of HealthReach at Luther Manor. “We wanted to present people with something fun and different this year.”
HealthReach will be using a nine-hole peg test to assess upper extremity dexterity and sit to stand exercise to evaluate strength.
Broadcasting live at the event will be WTMJ’s Jeff Wagner, so stop by and say hello. Everyone who attends is invited to sign up for a chance to win one of our incredible raffle prizes.
Doors open at 10 a.m. and the Health and Wellness Fair will conclude at noon. The event will take place in the Lippold Faith and Education Center at Luther Manor, 4545 N. 92nd St., Wauwatosa, WI 53225. Enter the Luther Manor community at the north drive and follow the signage.
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!