The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, under the direction of David Mohr, will present "Songs of Joy and Comfort" on Friday, May 2nd at
7:30pm at St. John's Lutheran Church in Brookfield, and again on Sunday, May 4th at 3:00pm at St. Matthew's Lutheran Church in Wauwatosa.
Featured works on the program include J.S. Bach's double-choir motet "Der Geist hilft unsrer Schwachheit auf" and the very exciting "Utrecht Te Deum" by George Frideric Handel. This latter work will be accompanied by a 13-piece chamber orchestra made up primarily with members of
Milwaukee's Concord Chamber Orchestra.
Also on the program will be works by Palestrina, Byrd and Schütz, the beloved "Alleluia" by Randall Thompson and a hauntingly beautiful setting of the Agnus Dei text by Kenneth Jennings using the melody of one of Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations". Three spiritual arrangements will conclude the program.
St. John's Lutheran Church is located at 20275 Davidson Rd., Brookfield, 53045. St. Matthew's Lutheran Church is located at 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, 53213.
Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students. They may be ordered at www.lutheranacappella.org, or at the door. Come and enjoy the very finest in sacred choral music by the Lutheran A Cappella Choir and orchestra.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds Four Members
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure