The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, under the direction of David Mohr, will present "Songs of Joy and Comfort" on Friday, May 2nd at
7:30pm at St. John's Lutheran Church in Brookfield, and again on Sunday, May 4th at 3:00pm at St. Matthew's Lutheran Church in Wauwatosa.
Featured works on the program include J.S. Bach's double-choir motet "Der Geist hilft unsrer Schwachheit auf" and the very exciting "Utrecht Te Deum" by George Frideric Handel. This latter work will be accompanied by a 13-piece chamber orchestra made up primarily with members of
Milwaukee's Concord Chamber Orchestra.
Also on the program will be works by Palestrina, Byrd and Schütz, the beloved "Alleluia" by Randall Thompson and a hauntingly beautiful setting of the Agnus Dei text by Kenneth Jennings using the melody of one of Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations". Three spiritual arrangements will conclude the program.
St. John's Lutheran Church is located at 20275 Davidson Rd., Brookfield, 53045. St. Matthew's Lutheran Church is located at 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, 53213.
Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students. They may be ordered at www.lutheranacappella.org, or at the door. Come and enjoy the very finest in sacred choral music by the Lutheran A Cappella Choir and orchestra.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council