The Lutheran A Cappella Choir of Milwaukee, under the direction of David Mohr, will present "Songs of Joy and Comfort" on Friday, May 2nd at
7:30pm at St. John's Lutheran Church in Brookfield, and again on Sunday, May 4th at 3:00pm at St. Matthew's Lutheran Church in Wauwatosa.
Featured works on the program include J.S. Bach's double-choir motet "Der Geist hilft unsrer Schwachheit auf" and the very exciting "Utrecht Te Deum" by George Frideric Handel. This latter work will be accompanied by a 13-piece chamber orchestra made up primarily with members of
Milwaukee's Concord Chamber Orchestra.
Also on the program will be works by Palestrina, Byrd and Schütz, the beloved "Alleluia" by Randall Thompson and a hauntingly beautiful setting of the Agnus Dei text by Kenneth Jennings using the melody of one of Edward Elgar's "Enigma Variations". Three spiritual arrangements will conclude the program.
St. John's Lutheran Church is located at 20275 Davidson Rd., Brookfield, 53045. St. Matthew's Lutheran Church is located at 1615 Wauwatosa Ave., Wauwatosa, 53213.
Tickets are $15.00, or $12.00 for Seniors and Students. They may be ordered at www.lutheranacappella.org, or at the door. Come and enjoy the very finest in sacred choral music by the Lutheran A Cappella Choir and orchestra.
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military