May 15, The State of the County: Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and Sheldon Lubar in Conversation
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and business leader Sheldon Lubar will discuss the future of county government at the Friends of the UWM Golda Meir Library annual program, Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the fourth floor Conference Center of the Library.
Lubar, a philanthropist and chairman of the private investment firm Lubar & Co., has spoken in the past about reforming county government in Milwaukee, proposing among other changes a drastic reduction of the size of the county board.
Abele, elected to office in 2011, was co-chair with Lubar of the 2006 Greater Milwaukee Committee task force that issued a report on “Reforming Milwaukee County: Response to the Fiscal Crisis.”
Last May, with Abele and Lubar’s support, a bill was passed and signed into law in Madison limiting the power and the budget of the Milwaukee County Board.
The Friends of the Golda Meir Library business meeting will take place prior to the lecture, at 4:30 in Special Collections, on the fourth floor of the library.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6202.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo