May 15, The State of the County: Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and Sheldon Lubar in Conversation
Milwaukee County Executive Chris Abele and business leader Sheldon Lubar will discuss the future of county government at the Friends of the UWM Golda Meir Library annual program, Thursday, May 15, 2014 at 5:30 p.m. in the fourth floor Conference Center of the Library.
Lubar, a philanthropist and chairman of the private investment firm Lubar & Co., has spoken in the past about reforming county government in Milwaukee, proposing among other changes a drastic reduction of the size of the county board.
Abele, elected to office in 2011, was co-chair with Lubar of the 2006 Greater Milwaukee Committee task force that issued a report on “Reforming Milwaukee County: Response to the Fiscal Crisis.”
Last May, with Abele and Lubar’s support, a bill was passed and signed into law in Madison limiting the power and the budget of the Milwaukee County Board.
The Friends of the Golda Meir Library business meeting will take place prior to the lecture, at 4:30 in Special Collections, on the fourth floor of the library.
For more information or special needs, please call 414-229-6202.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business
- Refashion for Life Charity Fashion Show Announces Sponsors
- MFHS Student Art on Display at District Business Office
- "WEIRD ANIMALS" Come to Vacation Bible School
- Milwaukee/NARI Shares Tips For Outdoor Living Spaces
- Kathy's House Classic Golf Outing Planned