The first annual Hartfest Half Marathon will get under way at 1:00 on Saturday June 14th in Hart Park. The Badgerland Striders, one of the largest non-profit running clubs in the country have teamed up with Hartfest organizers to help raise funds for the Wisconsin Chapter of COPS, Concerns of Police Survivors. The organization provides much needed assistance to the families of Police officers killed in the line of duty.
The 13.1 mile route will take runners on a scenic tour of some of the cities less traveled paths. Beginning at the festival participants will travel West on the Hoyt park bike path passing through the Hoyt pool area before heading down the gravel path around the new rainwater retention ponds. Runners continue Southwest on Underwood Parkway traveling past Hansen golf course, doing a loop around the Milwaukee County community gardens and through the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic facilities before reversing direction and heading back to Hart Park.
Participants will receive a technical running shirt, finisher's medal and refreshments at Hartfest. Go to www.badgerlandstriders.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW scientist to study novel regulatory mechanisms for a gene involved in vascular anomalies
- How to Make Sure Your Child Succeeds in School this Year (1)
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning