The first annual Hartfest Half Marathon will get under way at 1:00 on Saturday June 14th in Hart Park. The Badgerland Striders, one of the largest non-profit running clubs in the country have teamed up with Hartfest organizers to help raise funds for the Wisconsin Chapter of COPS, Concerns of Police Survivors. The organization provides much needed assistance to the families of Police officers killed in the line of duty.
The 13.1 mile route will take runners on a scenic tour of some of the cities less traveled paths. Beginning at the festival participants will travel West on the Hoyt park bike path passing through the Hoyt pool area before heading down the gravel path around the new rainwater retention ponds. Runners continue Southwest on Underwood Parkway traveling past Hansen golf course, doing a loop around the Milwaukee County community gardens and through the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic facilities before reversing direction and heading back to Hart Park.
Participants will receive a technical running shirt, finisher's medal and refreshments at Hartfest. Go to www.badgerlandstriders.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ