The first annual Hartfest Half Marathon will get under way at 1:00 on Saturday June 14th in Hart Park. The Badgerland Striders, one of the largest non-profit running clubs in the country have teamed up with Hartfest organizers to help raise funds for the Wisconsin Chapter of COPS, Concerns of Police Survivors. The organization provides much needed assistance to the families of Police officers killed in the line of duty.
The 13.1 mile route will take runners on a scenic tour of some of the cities less traveled paths. Beginning at the festival participants will travel West on the Hoyt park bike path passing through the Hoyt pool area before heading down the gravel path around the new rainwater retention ponds. Runners continue Southwest on Underwood Parkway traveling past Hansen golf course, doing a loop around the Milwaukee County community gardens and through the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic facilities before reversing direction and heading back to Hart Park.
Participants will receive a technical running shirt, finisher's medal and refreshments at Hartfest. Go to www.badgerlandstriders.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Seeking Adult Day Services Program Volunteers at Lutheran Home
- Car Seat and Booster Safety Check
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues sponsorship of “Social Media Tools for Business” workshop for regional businesses
- LearningRx Hosts May 30 Open House
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce continues to add new members
- Daylily Society of SE WI/daylily sale
- Wisconsin Kitchen Mart Takes the Mystery Out of Remodeling
- Tosa West Orchestra Students Honored
- MCW researcher to study gene therapies for hemophilia
- Individuals Encouraged to Join Playworks Wisconsin 4th Annual Corporate Kickball Tournament