The first annual Hartfest Half Marathon will get under way at 1:00 on Saturday June 14th in Hart Park. The Badgerland Striders, one of the largest non-profit running clubs in the country have teamed up with Hartfest organizers to help raise funds for the Wisconsin Chapter of COPS, Concerns of Police Survivors. The organization provides much needed assistance to the families of Police officers killed in the line of duty.
The 13.1 mile route will take runners on a scenic tour of some of the cities less traveled paths. Beginning at the festival participants will travel West on the Hoyt park bike path passing through the Hoyt pool area before heading down the gravel path around the new rainwater retention ponds. Runners continue Southwest on Underwood Parkway traveling past Hansen golf course, doing a loop around the Milwaukee County community gardens and through the Wisconsin Lutheran College Athletic facilities before reversing direction and heading back to Hart Park.
Participants will receive a technical running shirt, finisher's medal and refreshments at Hartfest. Go to www.badgerlandstriders.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts
- Alverno College Appoints Eileen Sherman Dean of Business