Milwaukee Rep is currently seeking applications from children to perform in its 2014/15 production of The Color Purple.
The play rehearses from August 26 – September 21 and performs from September 23 – November 2, 2014, in the Quadracci Powerhouse. The Rep is seeking applications from African-American boys and girls between 7 and 15 years of age to play several roles in the show. Parents who would like their children to audition should mail a separate photograph of each child, along with each child’s height, weight, age, as well as parent’s mailing/e-mail addresses and home/cell phone numbers to: Color Purple Children’s Audition; Milwaukee Rep; 108 E. Wells Street; Milwaukee, WI 53202. Each child should also include a brief note telling the theater about him or herself and why they would like to be part of The Color Purple. All information for children seeking to audition must arrive at The Rep by Friday, May 16, 2014.
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Children chosen from submissions will be notified of an audition time. No children will be seen without an appointment. For more information about The Rep visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease