Milwaukee Rep is currently seeking applications from children to perform in its 2014/15 production of The Color Purple.
The play rehearses from August 26 – September 21 and performs from September 23 – November 2, 2014, in the Quadracci Powerhouse. The Rep is seeking applications from African-American boys and girls between 7 and 15 years of age to play several roles in the show. Parents who would like their children to audition should mail a separate photograph of each child, along with each child’s height, weight, age, as well as parent’s mailing/e-mail addresses and home/cell phone numbers to: Color Purple Children’s Audition; Milwaukee Rep; 108 E. Wells Street; Milwaukee, WI 53202. Each child should also include a brief note telling the theater about him or herself and why they would like to be part of The Color Purple. All information for children seeking to audition must arrive at The Rep by Friday, May 16, 2014.
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Children chosen from submissions will be notified of an audition time. No children will be seen without an appointment. For more information about The Rep visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts