Milwaukee Rep is currently seeking applications from children to perform in its 2014/15 production of The Color Purple.
The play rehearses from August 26 – September 21 and performs from September 23 – November 2, 2014, in the Quadracci Powerhouse. The Rep is seeking applications from African-American boys and girls between 7 and 15 years of age to play several roles in the show. Parents who would like their children to audition should mail a separate photograph of each child, along with each child’s height, weight, age, as well as parent’s mailing/e-mail addresses and home/cell phone numbers to: Color Purple Children’s Audition; Milwaukee Rep; 108 E. Wells Street; Milwaukee, WI 53202. Each child should also include a brief note telling the theater about him or herself and why they would like to be part of The Color Purple. All information for children seeking to audition must arrive at The Rep by Friday, May 16, 2014.
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Children chosen from submissions will be notified of an audition time. No children will be seen without an appointment. For more information about The Rep visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series