Milwaukee Rep is currently seeking applications from children to perform in its 2014/15 production of The Color Purple.
The play rehearses from August 26 – September 21 and performs from September 23 – November 2, 2014, in the Quadracci Powerhouse. The Rep is seeking applications from African-American boys and girls between 7 and 15 years of age to play several roles in the show. Parents who would like their children to audition should mail a separate photograph of each child, along with each child’s height, weight, age, as well as parent’s mailing/e-mail addresses and home/cell phone numbers to: Color Purple Children’s Audition; Milwaukee Rep; 108 E. Wells Street; Milwaukee, WI 53202. Each child should also include a brief note telling the theater about him or herself and why they would like to be part of The Color Purple. All information for children seeking to audition must arrive at The Rep by Friday, May 16, 2014.
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 22, 2014. Children chosen from submissions will be notified of an audition time. No children will be seen without an appointment. For more information about The Rep visit www.MilwaukeeRep.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds Four Members
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure