Wauwatosa residents will have an opportunity to “Explore Remodeling’s Finest”, with three recently completed renovation projects in the city part of the 15th annual Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, Sat., May 17 – Sun., May 18, 2014, from 11:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. daily.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes is produced by the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc., and sponsored by Kohler Co., First Supply, a leading Kohler wholesale distributor, VerHalen, The Pella Window Store, and Hallmark Building Supplies, Inc. The event will allow attendees to view 21 recently completed remodeling and home improvement projects from Milwaukee/NARI contractors at homes throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
The TOUR of Remodeled Homes will feature the following renovation projects in Wauwatosa:
• Allen Kitchen & Bath: Kitchen Remodel • 2047 N. 85th St. • Wauwatosa
The completely remodeled kitchen features Medallion Silver Columbia Maple-white icing painted cabinets, with a backsplash using Trends in ceramic. The countertops are Hanstone Auburn Abyss with pencil-edge round. A Corian double bowl sink and Adura Luxury 16 x 16 vinyl floor tiles were installed, with under cabinet lighting added throughout the kitchen.
• Pekel Construction & Remodeling: Family Room and Mudroom Addition with Kitchen and Powder Room Remodel • 7813 Mary Ellen Place • Wauwatosa
This 1930’s Federal-style, brick Colonial home features an interior remodel that includes an addition with a family room and mudroom, plus a renovated kitchen and powder room. This 2013 Milwaukee/NARI Wisconsin Remodeler of the Year Gold Award and NARI National Regional Contractor of the Year winning project features a coffered ceiling, custom cabinetry and millwork, hardwood floors, and an entertainment center with flanking bookcases in the family room. The kitchen has stone counters with tile backsplashes, a drop zone with charging stations, and a custom computer desk, while the mudroom has built-in cubbies and storage along with a slate floor.
• Story Hill Renovations: Basement Remodel • 6119 W. Wisconsin Avenue • Wauwatosa
The homeowners desired a space to use for not only their immediate family, but also provide an opportunity to host large gatherings. Creative design was used to develop a functional, yet beautiful basement, while maintaining the home’s classic charm. A main floor powder room and stairway to the basement were relocated, with challenging space requirements conquered during the renovation. A full kitchen features Cambria countertops, maple cabinetry, and a custom pub style banquette, while a full bathroom complements the space well. The renovation also includes a zoned radiant heat system, decorative lighting in the kitchen area, colorful Marmoleum flooring, and French doors that separate the children’s playroom from the rest of the space.
An added attraction for the 2014 TOUR of Remodeled Homes is an opportunity to win a 2.5 bath and kitchen Kohler Alteo faucet package in chrome polish valued at more than $1,000. Patrons that visit at least six of the project locations will be eligible to register to win the prize package.
TOUR of Remodeled Homes admission is $4 in advance, and $7 at the door of the projects. Through Fri., May 16, advance tickets can be purchased between 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. at the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council office, 11815 W. Dearbourn Ave. in Wauwatosa.
Attendees that bring two, non-perishable food items to the door of the first project they visit will receive a $2 admission discount, with the food items to be donated to The Salvation Army of Milwaukee County.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI TOUR of Remodeled Homes, visit www.milwaukeenari.org or call 414-771-4071.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids