The Vliet Street Business Association will once again celebrate art during its art walk event. The Spring Westside Artwalk is slated for Friday, April 25 from 5 to 9 p.m. and Saturday, April 26 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Vliet Street Business Association invites the community to explore, discover and celebrate the arts on the west side of the city during this popular annual event.
The Westside boasts an abundance of locally-owned galleries featuring art from Milwaukee-area artists. The fast-growing West Vliet business district is home to many of these galleries as well as unique shops and boutiques offering art, fine crafts, clothing and accessories and an array of restaurants serving up seasonal and local ingredients.
Several establishments on West Vliet Street and North Avenue on Milwaukee’s west side will display an array of artwork as well as offering refreshments, make-and-take crafts, group art projects and more. In addition, a number of participating businesses will feature special discounts in conjunction with the two-day event.
“After a long Wisconsin winter, Spring Westside Artwalk is a great time to get out and explore all the locally-owned and independently-operated businesses in Washington Heights,” said Heidi Steeno, President of Vliet Street Business Association and owner of James Steeno Gallery (5700 W. Vliet St.). “Meet business owners, catch up with your neighbors, make some new friends, enjoy wonderful seasonal dining, and most importantly support local artists – these are just a few of the many reasons to take part in this family-friendly, weekend-long event.”
Friday’s festivities offer adults a night out to enjoy local art and taste artisan foods at the establishments on West Vliet. Saturday is more family oriented, with several participants offering make-and-take projects for people of all ages.
Vliet Street and North Avenue both offer ample free parking options for guests.
For more information about the Spring Westside Artwalk, go to http://westvliet.com/artwalk.
* * *
Vliet Street Business Association is a non-profit civic organization dedicated to a Vliet Street renaissance. Learn more about Vliet Street Business Association at WestVliet.com. Follow Vliet Street Business Association on Facebook (WestVlietStreet) and Twitter (VlietStreetMKE).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde