Mount Mary University presents “Creative Connections,” its summer art and music day camp for youth in grades K4-8 the weeks of July 7 and 14. The workshops focus on “Community Connections,” emphasizing how the arts build community through creative exchange.
Campers can choose from an exciting mix of 20 different classes that explore everything from photography and print making to sculpture and painting. The music workshops include “Marimba Madness” and “Music in Motion.” Students can register for up to 5 classes within their grade level.
The two-hour, hands-on studio workshops run Monday through Friday. Morning art sessions run 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Afternoon art sessions run 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Music sessions run 2:30 - 4 p.m. A supervised brown-bag lunch break is also provided.
The art camp costs $85 for each 5-day morning or afternoon session and includes supplies. The music camp costs $75 for each 5-day session. Discounts are offered for three or more classes. All classes are held at Mount Mary University and are taught by faculty members from Mount Mary’s art and music departments.
A free, final gallery exhibition, music performance and celebration reception will be held Saturday, July 19, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Marion Gallery for all students and their families and friends.
For more information or to register, contact Deb Heermans at (414) 429-0102 or firstname.lastname@example.org or visit mtmary.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- College seeking third-party comments for HLC accreditation
- You are invited to Esprit Poms' Pizzeria Piccola fundraiser - December 28th, 2014, 4-9pm
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS