Mount Mary University presents “Creative Connections,” its summer art and music day camp for youth in grades K4-8 the weeks of July 7 and 14. The workshops focus on “Community Connections,” emphasizing how the arts build community through creative exchange.
Campers can choose from an exciting mix of 20 different classes that explore everything from photography and print making to sculpture and painting. The music workshops include “Marimba Madness” and “Music in Motion.” Students can register for up to 5 classes within their grade level.
The two-hour, hands-on studio workshops run Monday through Friday. Morning art sessions run 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Afternoon art sessions run 12:30 - 2:30 p.m. Music sessions run 2:30 - 4 p.m. A supervised brown-bag lunch break is also provided.
The art camp costs $85 for each 5-day morning or afternoon session and includes supplies. The music camp costs $75 for each 5-day session. Discounts are offered for three or more classes. All classes are held at Mount Mary University and are taught by faculty members from Mount Mary’s art and music departments.
A free, final gallery exhibition, music performance and celebration reception will be held Saturday, July 19, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. in the Marion Gallery for all students and their families and friends.
For more information or to register, contact Deb Heermans at (414) 429-0102 or email@example.com or visit mtmary.edu.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series