Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
Candice Block was honored with the Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies Student Activist Award for 2014 - which was held this past weekend at the UW-Whitewater campus. Candice was selected due to her academic awards combined with a passion for volunteerism. Candice has spent countless hours volunteering for various organizations in Milwaukee and Waukesha.
According to the Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies website: The Student Scholar Award recognizes outstanding scholarship in peace and conflict studies and above-average academic performance. The Student Activist Award recognizes an outstanding contribution to activism related to peace and justice issues by a student or student group, and demonstrated commitment to peace and justice issues through participation in activism either on the home campus or in the larger community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Milwaukee Student Named Rising Star
- Musical MainStage - Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Adds Four Members
- 10 Homework Tips for The School Year
- Crafters Wanted for Trinity UCC Craft Fair
- CTSI grant to fund childhood diabetes study
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure