Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
Candice Block was honored with the Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies Student Activist Award for 2014 - which was held this past weekend at the UW-Whitewater campus. Candice was selected due to her academic awards combined with a passion for volunteerism. Candice has spent countless hours volunteering for various organizations in Milwaukee and Waukesha.
According to the Institute for Peace and Conflict Studies website: The Student Scholar Award recognizes outstanding scholarship in peace and conflict studies and above-average academic performance. The Student Activist Award recognizes an outstanding contribution to activism related to peace and justice issues by a student or student group, and demonstrated commitment to peace and justice issues through participation in activism either on the home campus or in the larger community.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study