Teri Albrecht, Ph.D., a nationally renowned cancer disparities researcher, will present her work in the reduction of cancer health disparities through community-engaged research in a talk hosted by the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) Cancer Center.
The discussion will take place on Thursday, April 17th at 3:00 p.m. in the auditorium at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. It is open to the public.
Dr. Albrecht is Associate Center Director for Population Sciences and Leader of the Population Studies and Disparities Research Program at the Barbara Ann Karmanos Cancer Institute in Detroit, Michigan, where she directs transdisciplinary cancer research programs in clinical communication, behavior, and genetic epidemiology. Her work currently includes community engaged approaches to developing interventions to reduce the cancer burden disproportionately affecting older, underserved urban African American adults in Detroit. In addition to her expertise in population science, Dr. Albrecht serves on the National Cancer Institute’s parent committee which reviews all cancer center designation applications.
Dr. Albrecht also holds appointments as Professor and Division Director for Population Sciences in the Wayne State University School of Medicine, Department of Oncology and Adjunct Professor, Department of Family Medicine and Public Health Sciences.
Dr. Albrecht recently joined the MCW Cancer Center’s External Scientific Advisory Board.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wauwatosa Community Connects through Environmental Service
- Above the Town Present A Free Bluegrass Cabaret Concert
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Hart Park River Clean-up