Medical College of Wisconsin to Sponsor Midwestern Conference for Surgical Pathology
By The Medical College of Wisconsin
September 12th – 14th, 2014
The Medical College Department of Pathology will sponsor “The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology” September 12th – 14th in Milwaukee. The annual conference, now in its seventh year, will bring to Milwaukee an estimated 100 practicing surgical pathologists, oncologists, and other health care professionals from across the country.
Saul Suster, M.D., professor and chairman of pathology at the Medical College, is the course director. Invited speakers include pathologists representing numerous sub-specialties from the Medical College, as well as guest lecturers from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Bostwick Laboratories, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Surgical pathology is an evolving field of medicine, and this conference brings together top practitioners in the field to share advances in technology and terminology, learn about new techniques of diagnosis, and evaluate current criteria of diagnosis, so that we are providing patients the most accurate, timely care,” said Dr. Suster.
The conference will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel downtown Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements