Medical College of Wisconsin to Sponsor Midwestern Conference for Surgical Pathology
By The Medical College of Wisconsin
September 12th – 14th, 2014
The Medical College Department of Pathology will sponsor “The Midwestern Conference: Update Course in Surgical Pathology” September 12th – 14th in Milwaukee. The annual conference, now in its seventh year, will bring to Milwaukee an estimated 100 practicing surgical pathologists, oncologists, and other health care professionals from across the country.
Saul Suster, M.D., professor and chairman of pathology at the Medical College, is the course director. Invited speakers include pathologists representing numerous sub-specialties from the Medical College, as well as guest lecturers from Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Mayo Clinic, Bostwick Laboratories, United States and Canadian Academy of Pathology (USCAP) and Massachusetts General Hospital.
“Surgical pathology is an evolving field of medicine, and this conference brings together top practitioners in the field to share advances in technology and terminology, learn about new techniques of diagnosis, and evaluate current criteria of diagnosis, so that we are providing patients the most accurate, timely care,” said Dr. Suster.
The conference will be held at the Intercontinental Hotel downtown Milwaukee.
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids