Trinity UCC Holy Week Celebration Services
Good Friday and Easter Sunday Special Performances
Brookfield, WI (April 2, 2013) Trinity UCC invites you to celebrate holy week with these special celebratory services. Join us for an evening of worship and fellowship with food traditionally served at a Seder meal on Thursday, April 17 at 6:30 p.m. in the Trinity Gathering Place. On Good Friday, April 18 at 7:00 p.m. Trinity will feature a Tenebrae service including a dramatic presentation of monologues from those who were in Jerusalem during the Passion Week entitled “When They Crucified My Lord”.
On Easter Sunday April 20 at 7:30 a.m., Trinity will feature a drama of readings from “stones” who were present along the journey of Jesus entitled “The Stones of Passion”. Stones of jubilation, anger, self-righteousness, remembrance, anguish, rejection, and finally, the stone rolled in front of the tomb – the stone of death and resurrection will tell their stories. The annual free Easter breakfast will follow this service at 8:30 a.m.
At 10:00 a.m. on Easter Sunday, worship with communion will take place. The Celebration Singers will sing in celebration of the glory of a risen Lord. Everyone is welcome to join these worship services as Trinity celebrates God’s love for all.
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC is an open and affirming church and welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use, large print bulletins and a screen-projected service. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey you are welcome here. Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study
- WARREN WIEGRATZ ADDRESSES MUSIC CLUB
- SM Historical Society "Decorating for the Holidays" Seminar
- Lindner Receives the Hispanic Professionals of Greater Milwaukee Community Leader Award
- Free Prepare Your Home for Winter Seminar Offered by Milwaukee/NARI
- A Nostalgic Afternoon