The Clinical & Translational Science Institute of Southeast Wisconsin (CTSI) will hold a regional strategic planning session Tuesday, April 8, from 4:00-6:00 p.m. at the Zoofari Conference Center in Milwaukee.
The CTSI combines the expertise, technology, and resources of eight leading healthcare and academic institutions in southeast Wisconsin to create a synergistic biomedical research enterprise aimed at quickly translating research discoveries into new treatments and interventions to improve health.
Members of the CTSI are BloodCenter of Wisconsin, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, Froedtert Hospital, Marquette University, the Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee School of Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, and Zablocki VA Medical Center. Besides sharing technology and brainpower, the CTSI funds innovative collaborative research between partner institutions and community-based organizations in southeast Wisconsin.
The regional planning session is designed to engage key stakeholders and give the community the opportunity to influence the priorities and direction of research and discovery through the consortium.
“As a community focused institution, it is critical that we understand both the interests and the health and wellness needs of the communities that we serve. Translating innovative scientific research into new therapeutic interventions to make Wisconsin a healthier place to live is the ultimate goal,” said Reza Shaker, MD, CTSI Director and the Joseph E. Geenen Professor and Chief of Gastroenterology and Hepatology at the Medical College of Wisconsin.
The session will begin with a brief presentation explaining the CTSI and its activities, as well as a current look at the strategic planning process. A meeting facilitator will then lead participants through brainstorming exercises and activities to stimulate discussion and participation.
The session is free and open to all, but an RSVP is requested via this link: https://ctsi.mcw.edu/rsvp-strategic-planning/.
Zoofari Conference Center is located adjacent to the Milwaukee County Zoo at 9715 West Blue Mound Road in Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder