The awarding winning Esprit Poms & Dance team will conduct open tryouts starting on Tuesday, April 22nd at Washington Elementary School's gym, 2166 N. 68th Street, Wauwatosa. Informational Tryout Packets will be distributed to students entering 8th through 11th grades, and an overview of the season will be discussed. Parents are invited to attend with interested new students. Candidates will then learn some basic pompon & dance team skills along with a portion of the tryout routine. Tryout rehearsals will continue on Wednesday, April 23rd and Thursday, April 24th, from 6-8:30 P.M. at Washington Elementary School's gym. Final evaluations and team selection will take place on Saturday, April 26th, at Wauwatosa West High School's cafeteria, 11400 Center Street, Wauwatosa, from 8am-Noon.
Esprit's younger "sister" squad, Esprit JUNIORS, for students entering 5th through 8th grades, will also conduct JUNIOR open tryouts on April 22nd and 24th @ Washington Elementary School Gym, 2166 N. 68th Street, Wauwatosa from 6-8:30pm for students entering 5th through 8th grades. Parents of interested Junior members must attend a short meeting on the first night of tryouts. Contact Coach Lauren @ firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information about Esprit JUNIOR tryouts.
Esprit's tryouts are intended to be a low stress event. For that reason they are conducted in a practice-like environment during which the level of each candidate’s skills and talents, and their ability to work with current and prospective team members, will be evaluated. A short interview with the candidate will also be conducted during the sessions. Attendance by candidates at all tryout sessions is required; however, any student who cannot attend any tryout session can notify the coach in advance with any conflict so an alternate personal tryout date can then be scheduled if necessary.
Esprit was established in 1990 and is celebrating 24 years of excellence and good sportsmanship this year. Being a member of either team has many rewards and is a valuable experience that will be remembered for a lifetime. Esprit gives pride and spirit to the community through their participation. Call Esprit's Coach @ (414) 243-1938 if you would like more details about the program or visit our facebook page "Esprit Poms & Dance Team, Wauwatosa, WI."
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help