Wisconsin Lutheran College theatre professor Simon Provan will direct the Wisconsin premiere of "In Spite of Thunder: The Macbeth Project."
Performances will be in the college's Center for Arts and Performance Raabe Theatre (8815 W. Wisconsin Ave.) on April 4-5 and 10-12 at 7:30 p.m. and April 6 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available from the college's Box Office, 414.443.8802.
This student production takes a fresh look at Shakespeare's classic study of ambition and the cycle of violence to which it can lead. Suzan Zeder and Jim Hancock have de- and re-constructed Shakespeare's original language, reassigning speeches and intersecting scenes. The result is a compact, tense journey from the first breath of the witches through the last breath of the mercurial king. Four sets of actors portray the fated Macbeth and his co-conspiring wife.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Announcing Wisconsin Massage Clinic Open House
- BBB's 10 Tips for Safe Online Shopping On Cyber Monday
- IndependenceFirst Milwaukee Heat “Big Cheese Classic” wheelchair basketball tourney
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday