Wisconsin Lutheran College theatre professor Simon Provan will direct the Wisconsin premiere of "In Spite of Thunder: The Macbeth Project."
Performances will be in the college's Center for Arts and Performance Raabe Theatre (8815 W. Wisconsin Ave.) on April 4-5 and 10-12 at 7:30 p.m. and April 6 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available from the college's Box Office, 414.443.8802.
This student production takes a fresh look at Shakespeare's classic study of ambition and the cycle of violence to which it can lead. Suzan Zeder and Jim Hancock have de- and re-constructed Shakespeare's original language, reassigning speeches and intersecting scenes. The result is a compact, tense journey from the first breath of the witches through the last breath of the mercurial king. Four sets of actors portray the fated Macbeth and his co-conspiring wife.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room