Wisconsin Lutheran College theatre professor Simon Provan will direct the Wisconsin premiere of "In Spite of Thunder: The Macbeth Project."
Performances will be in the college's Center for Arts and Performance Raabe Theatre (8815 W. Wisconsin Ave.) on April 4-5 and 10-12 at 7:30 p.m. and April 6 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available from the college's Box Office, 414.443.8802.
This student production takes a fresh look at Shakespeare's classic study of ambition and the cycle of violence to which it can lead. Suzan Zeder and Jim Hancock have de- and re-constructed Shakespeare's original language, reassigning speeches and intersecting scenes. The result is a compact, tense journey from the first breath of the witches through the last breath of the mercurial king. Four sets of actors portray the fated Macbeth and his co-conspiring wife.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7