Wisconsin Lutheran College theatre professor Simon Provan will direct the Wisconsin premiere of "In Spite of Thunder: The Macbeth Project."
Performances will be in the college's Center for Arts and Performance Raabe Theatre (8815 W. Wisconsin Ave.) on April 4-5 and 10-12 at 7:30 p.m. and April 6 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available from the college's Box Office, 414.443.8802.
This student production takes a fresh look at Shakespeare's classic study of ambition and the cycle of violence to which it can lead. Suzan Zeder and Jim Hancock have de- and re-constructed Shakespeare's original language, reassigning speeches and intersecting scenes. The result is a compact, tense journey from the first breath of the witches through the last breath of the mercurial king. Four sets of actors portray the fated Macbeth and his co-conspiring wife.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential