Wisconsin Lutheran College theatre professor Simon Provan will direct the Wisconsin premiere of "In Spite of Thunder: The Macbeth Project."
Performances will be in the college's Center for Arts and Performance Raabe Theatre (8815 W. Wisconsin Ave.) on April 4-5 and 10-12 at 7:30 p.m. and April 6 at 2:30 p.m. Tickets are $10 and are available from the college's Box Office, 414.443.8802.
This student production takes a fresh look at Shakespeare's classic study of ambition and the cycle of violence to which it can lead. Suzan Zeder and Jim Hancock have de- and re-constructed Shakespeare's original language, reassigning speeches and intersecting scenes. The result is a compact, tense journey from the first breath of the witches through the last breath of the mercurial king. Four sets of actors portray the fated Macbeth and his co-conspiring wife.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study