West Allis resident Daniel (Danny) Slattery has been cast as a young man with a troubled past in "Marvin's Room", to be staged for seven performances at Inspiration Studios, West Allis.
In his role as Hank, Danny has a chance to help his aunt, who needs a bone marrow transplant. The relationships between Danny, his brother, his mother and Aunt Bessie provide much of the dynamic tension (and some humor) in the play.
Danny graduated from Carroll College with a theater arts major. He works at Sunset Playhouse in Elm Grove as a Box Office representative and Front of House Manager.
Tickets are available in advance by calling 414-207-4879 or by email - MarvinsRoom@villageplayhouse.org. Adult admission is $15; students and seniors over 55 is $13. Group rates are available.
The play opens at 7:30 p.m. Friday, March 21, and runs for three consecutive weekends: Friday and Saturday performances at 7:30 p.m. and one Sunday matinee on April 6 at 2 p.m.
Inspiration Studios is located at 1500 S. 73rd Street (corner of 73 and Orchard streets.) For more information, check the website: www.village playhouse.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Why You Should Care About National Consumer Protection Week
- Gehl Foods, Inc. Awarded the 2014 Quality and Service Award from Dot Foods
- Alverno Presents Joe Westerlund’s Grandma Sparrow & His Piddletractor Orchestra
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!