Milwaukee Montessori School Welcomes Cynthia Akey as Director of Communications & Marketing
Milwaukee Montessori School is proud to announce Cynthia Akey as the Director of Communication and Marketing.
In the position since January, she is responsible for coordinating communication and marketing initiatives to promote the mission, programs, activities, educational experience and people who make Milwaukee Montessori School a dynamic institution. Her duties include managing content and images for the website and social media, designing and producing advertisements and publications, and serving as a media liaison for the school.
Prior to joining Milwaukee Montessori School, Akey worked as a graphic designer and marketer for several business to business companies. Most recently, she spent eight years serving as Marketing Specialist at WUWM 89.7 FM – Milwaukee Public Radio. There, she was responsible for producing advertising and promotional materials, managing public and media relations, managing WUWM’s volunteer program and coordinating as well as staffing community outreach events.
Akey holds a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree with an emphasis in Graphic Communication from the University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016