Mount Mary University will host "Crime and Responsibility," a panel discussion and luncheon with three area crime experts to examine the causes of crime, the victim's perspective, and the role of moral choice, on Thursday, March 20, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event also features an exhibit of written work of participants in the fall 2013 "The Stories We Tell" writing workshop which is part of Mount Mary’s “Untold Stories” series for survivors of sexual assault and human trafficking.
Response artwork created by local teens from Wauwatosa East High School coincide with the written pieces to deepen understanding of the effects of sexual and domestic violence and human trafficking in our communities.
“It’s important to delve into the statistics of crime in order to understand the contributing factors of crime, the impact on victims and the community, and examine where responsibilities reside,” says Rachel Monaco-Wilcox, J.D, chair and assistant professor of the Justice Department at Mount Mary University. “Insight helps inform restorative justice and what can be done in the community to prevent the cycle of crime and victimization.”
The panelists include:
Distinguished Professor of Law and former Supreme Court Justice Janine Geske
Author James Galezewski formerly of Milwaukee Police Department
Mallory O'Brien of the Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission
The cost is $30 per person and registration is available at http://untoldstories.bpt.me.
For more information, contact Rachel Monaco-Wilcox at (414)258-4810, x442 or email@example.com.
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club to hold 3 tournaments in August!
- 4th Annual Cruisin’ the Grove Scheduled for Aug. 7
- MCW awarded $1.9 million to investigate disease prevention utilizing slime mold
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"