Mount Mary University will host "Crime and Responsibility," a panel discussion and luncheon with three area crime experts to examine the causes of crime, the victim's perspective, and the role of moral choice, on Thursday, March 20, 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
The event also features an exhibit of written work of participants in the fall 2013 "The Stories We Tell" writing workshop which is part of Mount Mary’s “Untold Stories” series for survivors of sexual assault and human trafficking.
Response artwork created by local teens from Wauwatosa East High School coincide with the written pieces to deepen understanding of the effects of sexual and domestic violence and human trafficking in our communities.
“It’s important to delve into the statistics of crime in order to understand the contributing factors of crime, the impact on victims and the community, and examine where responsibilities reside,” says Rachel Monaco-Wilcox, J.D, chair and assistant professor of the Justice Department at Mount Mary University. “Insight helps inform restorative justice and what can be done in the community to prevent the cycle of crime and victimization.”
The panelists include:
Distinguished Professor of Law and former Supreme Court Justice Janine Geske
Author James Galezewski formerly of Milwaukee Police Department
Mallory O'Brien of the Milwaukee Homicide Review Commission
The cost is $30 per person and registration is available at http://untoldstories.bpt.me.
For more information, contact Rachel Monaco-Wilcox at (414)258-4810, x442 or email@example.com.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Blarney Run/Walk returns to Hoyt Park March 14
- Science Café series to be held at Milwaukee Public Library
- Local Residents Participate in THE NERD at Sunset Playhouse
- Hoopla at the Library
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series