Cascio Interstate Music, 13819 W. National Ave. in New Berlin, will present free Sound Reinforcement & Live Sound Classes from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on three Saturdays – March 22, 29 and April 5. Cascio product specialist Bob Tjarks, a veteran of the Chicago audio and music industry for the past three decades, will present the classes.
MARCH 22nd: WATTS THE PROBLEM?
Understanding Loud Speakers, Amplifiers, and Microphone Placement
From a simple singer/songwriter portable sound system in a small coffee shop to a large outdoor music festival, you'll get an understanding of what size sound system you need for your application. Also learn how proper microphone selection and placement will improve your overall performance.
MARCH 29th: THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS GOOD FEEDBACK
Room Equalization, Real Time Analyzers, Feedback Eliminators and Dynamics Processing
In our second session, we'll look at what causes feedback and what you can do to prevent it. We will also use a real time analyzer to EQ the room so you can hear the difference in the sound system with proper equalization techniques.
APRIL 5th: TODAY'S TECHNOLOGY AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Digital Mixers, Wireless Microphones, In-Ear Monitor Systems, and Speaker Management Systems
Our final session will cover a number of new live sound technologies and give you some hands-on experience with digital mixers from Yamaha and PreSonus. We'll also explore a wide range of wireless products from microphones, to IEM systems and hearing assist systems for houses of worship.
Throughout his career, Bob Tjarks has designed and supplied equipment to recording studios, audio for video post production facilities, mobile recording trucks, and performance stages throughout the Midwest. He's worked with a wide range of Grammy award-winning artists, audio engineers and producers from Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins), Steve Albini (producer for Nirvana), to Richard Marx, Donny Osmond and ﬁlm producer John Hughes. Please call Bob at (262) 439-5808 if you have any questions and to let him know you're coming!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park