Brave souls will take the plunge to support cancer research this Saturday morning at Nagawicka Lake in Hartland. “Ellen’s Icebreaker for Cancer Research” kicks off at 11:00 A.M. March 8. The event is held in memory of Ellen Smith, a Froedtert Hospital employee who died from gastric cancer last fall at the age of 59.
A post-plunge celebration featuring lunch, beverages and live music, will follow at noon at the Country Springs Hotel in Pewaukee. Admission to the post-plunge celebration is $15. Donations to cancer research are suggested for participation in the plunge, with no minimum donation required. Both events are open to the public.
Click here to register for the plunge or to donate in support of a participant: http://www.ellensway.myevent.com/3/fundraiser.htm.
Proceeds from this event will benefit cancer research at the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center. The first polar plunge was held last year, when Ellen Smith was still undergoing treatment for cancer. Since then, friends and family members have donated nearly $40,000 to cancer research at MCW.
Nagawicka Lake is located in Waukesha County's Naga-Waukee Park, 651 Hwy 83, in Hartland. The Country Springs Hotel is located at 2810 Golf Road, Pewaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sky Zone Launches Fitness Challenge
- Ramirez Family Foundation pledges $1 million to improve healthcare quality and reduce costs
- Alicia, My Story
- 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt
- NEWCASTLE PLACE TO HOST MEMORIES IN THE MAKING® ART SHOWCASE
- Holy Week Celebration Services at Trinity UCC
- Prata Duo To Present Free Concert
- MCW researchers to study medication to treat traumatic brain injury
- Two Comedy Shows benefit local military charities
- 15 Companies Join Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council