Trinity UCC Invites the Community to Attend Alternative Health Series:
Come and explore ways to Maintain Health and Generate Well-Being
Brookfield, WI (March 4, 2014) Trinity United Church of Christ will be hosting a series of presentations focusing on Alternative Health on Wednesdays in March and April from 7:00-8:00 p.m. at Trinity UCC. No prior registration is needed and the admittance fee is just 5 items of non-perishable goods per session which will be donated to food pantries in the area. You may attend just one or all of the sessions. Dress comfortably to participate and try something new for your health. The specific subject matter is as follows:
• March 12: Meditation – basic philosophy of meditation and easy steps to begin meditating, various approaches will be explained
• March 19: Tai Chi – involves fluid movement, balance and positions to calm and aid various body functions
• March 26: Letha Yoga – stretches large and small muscles, lubricates joints and increases range of motion and helps release emotional stress. This is partner assisted yoga so be sure to bring a partner
• April 2 : Longi and Dhanda Yoga – Longi uses ropes during yoga postures to adjust, stretch and align the body. Dhanda uses a staff to help move through a series of postures to promote flexibility and body alignment
• April 9: Dieting – Frank Alvarez, Master Educator and Certified Sports Advisor explains nutritional facts you need to know regardless of what type of diet you are following for weight loss
About Trinity UCC
Located at 4435 North Calhoun Road, between Capitol Drive and Lisbon Road in Brookfield, Trinity UCC is an open and affirming church and welcomes all. The church is wheelchair accessible with an elevator to all levels including listening devices available for use. Trinity invites you to discover a neighborhood church that cares for the world. Whoever you are, wherever you are on life’s journey you are welcome here. Visit www.trinitybrookfield.org for more information.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research