Lutheran Home’s Adult Day Services Program is seeking patient, cheerful, creative volunteers. We are looking for people who can devote a few hours each week to assist our staff with recreational activities for our Adult Day Services Program. Most of the participants in this program have a diagnosis of Dementia or Alzheimer’s and would benefit from additional friendship and care. Volunteers will work alongside staff in small groups and one-on-one activities such as card games, handcrafts, music, art activities, board games, walking, reading, etc. Do you have a special interest you would like to share? Is there a unique themed event you’d like to help organize? The possibilities are endless, and the difference you will make is priceless!
If you are interested in this exciting volunteer opportunity, please contact Michelle Mittelsteadt at 258-6171, ext. 258.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016