The public is invited to attend the annual jazz worship service on Sunday, March 2 at 9:45 a.m. at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave.
This year’s service will return to its New Orleans roots when Dixieland jazz rings out across the sanctuary. Favorite hymns will be offered, along with two special anthems.
“Is There Anybody Here, Who Loves My Jesus?” arranged by Lynn Shaw Bailey will open the service and feature WAUMC’s combined Agape Praise Team and Youth Ensemble.
A spirited rendition of “Peter on the Sea” will follow. Toes will tap, hands will clap and smiles will show all around!
Agape will also sing “Say Amen…Somebody” by Nick Page. He explains that he wrote this piece, because throughout his life he felt that others often discouraged from expressing his faith. The words and music are presented to encourage all in attendance to proclaim their faith.
Everyone is invited to the church Fellowship Hall after the service to enjoy fresh, warm beignets made and served by the C.I.A. (Christians In Action) middle school youth group.
“It’s been a particularly long, cold and difficult winter. We look forward to welcoming friends and neighbors to WAUMC jazz Sunday where we’ll feed our creative souls with sweet sounds,” Pastor Sue Burwell says.“
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
The Mary of Magdala, Apostle to the Apostles, inclusive Vatican II Catholic Church celebrates Eucharist every Sunday in Wesley Hall at 9:45 a.m. on the WAUMC campus, as of Jan. 13, 2013.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Zhenghao Wu, MD, Joins Columbia St. Mary’s Columbia West
- Tech Trends workshops continue on September 10, ue to exceptional success
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce 58th Annual Meeting to be held on November 18, 2015
- ESPRIT POMS & DANCE TEAM Will Perform in DISNEY in 2016
- Wisconsin Residents Join LUNG FORCE Walk to End Lung Cancer
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Backpacks and School
- SMOKIN' ACES AND CIGARMKE PRESENT THE ROOF IS ON FIRE
- Wauwatosa Remodeler SJJanis Makes The Top 60 National Firms For Customer Satisfaction
- Jim Palzewicz brings EOS (Entrepreneurial Operating System) to Wisconsin
- Unity World Day of Prayer Observances