Most people assume that Rosebud Real Estate of Milwaukee, LLC was named after the famous sled in the movie, Citizen Kane.
Although Citizen Kane is the Owner's favorite movie, the company is named after his father, Bob "Bud" Hurst.
Growing up, Bob was known as one of the most beautiful children in his Irish neighborhood & was nicknamed "Rosebud" by all the women. Over the years, his friends, family & coworkers would affectionately call him Bud.
He was a lifelong resident of the City Milwaukee & was a Supervisor for the Department of Public Works, responsible for creating & maintaining countless miles of Milwaukee's sidewalks, streets & alleys. He started out as a garbage man & worked his way up to laborer & then Supervisor. During the winter months, he worked out of City Hall.
Anyone who met him loved him. His family adored him & his employees, coworkers & superiors respected him. His laugh was infectious & he truly cared about the people around him. He was a tough man, but always fair.
Unfortunately, Bud died suddenly at the age of 52, leaving behind a loving wife & four young children.
Bud loved to build things with his hands & preserve history through restoration.
This company serves as a testament to his dream of preserving the city that he loved.
Rosebud Real Estate of Milwaukee, LLC is preserving Milwaukee’s history, one home at a time.
- June 4 Workshop Spotlights Merton and Heschel, Spiritual Giants
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner
- Pulse of the City Presents Callen With 2016 Customer Satisfaction Award
- Alfons Gallery Brings Milwaukee’s Urban Wilderness into Focus
- Tribute Tuesday Concert Series Announced
- Wauwatosa Artist Featured at Racine Gallery
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event