Wauwatosa resident Sara Linginfelter has won third place and $1,000 in the world-renowned Student Design Competition sponsored by the International Housewares Association. In addition, she will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2014 International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago from March 15-18 to present her design to the industry.
Linginfelter's winning design concept, Safe Cooking, is a multi-function cooking pot for visually impaired users that also can benefit all users. High-contrast colors identify parts and the pot’s position on the stovetop; a vented lid prevents boil overs; and the base helps lock the pot onto a stove burner. An easy-grip handle prevents injury while carrying and a ceramic outside shell limits surface heat for safer user contact. The removable 2-in-1 steamer/strainer reduces the number of pots needed and allows users to cook and serve a greater variety of foods.
Linginfelter was born in Indianapolis in 1990, grew up on the city’s north side, and then attended the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design. During her sophomore year there, she participated in a year-long co-op program at Delta Faucet Company in Indianapolis, where she worked on a number of projects, including accessories for the Cassidy Collection and Celice Showerhead, which have gone to market.
After graduating with a BFA in industrial design from MIAD, Linginfelter was hired as the first in-house industrial designer at Briggs and Stratton in Wauwatosa, where she builds internal design awareness and provides design support to various departments and product groups.
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair