Wauwatosa resident Sara Linginfelter has won third place and $1,000 in the world-renowned Student Design Competition sponsored by the International Housewares Association. In addition, she will receive an all-expense paid trip to the 2014 International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago from March 15-18 to present her design to the industry.
Linginfelter's winning design concept, Safe Cooking, is a multi-function cooking pot for visually impaired users that also can benefit all users. High-contrast colors identify parts and the pot’s position on the stovetop; a vented lid prevents boil overs; and the base helps lock the pot onto a stove burner. An easy-grip handle prevents injury while carrying and a ceramic outside shell limits surface heat for safer user contact. The removable 2-in-1 steamer/strainer reduces the number of pots needed and allows users to cook and serve a greater variety of foods.
Linginfelter was born in Indianapolis in 1990, grew up on the city’s north side, and then attended the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design. During her sophomore year there, she participated in a year-long co-op program at Delta Faucet Company in Indianapolis, where she worked on a number of projects, including accessories for the Cassidy Collection and Celice Showerhead, which have gone to market.
After graduating with a BFA in industrial design from MIAD, Linginfelter was hired as the first in-house industrial designer at Briggs and Stratton in Wauwatosa, where she builds internal design awareness and provides design support to various departments and product groups.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Stamp Show celebrates club's 125th year
- Up and Coming Website for Teen Moms
- CTSI funds ovarian cancer research
- The "LifeStory Memoir Writer's" Workshop
- Youth Basketball events hosted by WI Shooters
- Resume and interview workshop classes in October
- Annual Candlelit Stroll Offers a Time and Place to Share, Grieve, and Celebrate Life
- 2014 Holiday Folk Fair International to Host 5k Run/Walk
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers September 17 Panel Discussion on Creating an Outdoor Living Space
- Better breathing for sleep apnea patients