The Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation and the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball Planning Committee are proud to announce Former Milwaukee Brewers shortstop and center fielder Robin Yount as their 2014 honoree. He will be formally recognized on March 1st at the 24th Annual Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, which will be held at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
Yount played his entire 20-year career with the Milwaukee Brewers. He collected more hits in the 1980s than any other player, finishing his career with a total of 3,142 hits. Yount earned MVP Awards at two positions and his 1982 MVP campaign carried the Brewers to the World Series. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999.
“Throughout his career, Robin Yount has embodied the same commitment and strive for excellence that truly defines our organization and the legend of Coach Lombardi,” and Brent Morris. President, Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation. “Yount is a beloved member of the Milwaukee and Wisconsin community, and we are honored to recognize him with this prestigious award.”
Created in 1990, the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball was created as a means of recognizing individuals who capture the spirit of commitment and pursuit of excellence; standards which define the legendary coach Vince Lombardi and the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation.
For tickets or more information about the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, visit www.lombardifoundation.org or call (414) 649-7015.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference