The Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation and the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball Planning Committee are proud to announce Former Milwaukee Brewers shortstop and center fielder Robin Yount as their 2014 honoree. He will be formally recognized on March 1st at the 24th Annual Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, which will be held at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
Yount played his entire 20-year career with the Milwaukee Brewers. He collected more hits in the 1980s than any other player, finishing his career with a total of 3,142 hits. Yount earned MVP Awards at two positions and his 1982 MVP campaign carried the Brewers to the World Series. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999.
“Throughout his career, Robin Yount has embodied the same commitment and strive for excellence that truly defines our organization and the legend of Coach Lombardi,” and Brent Morris. President, Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation. “Yount is a beloved member of the Milwaukee and Wisconsin community, and we are honored to recognize him with this prestigious award.”
Created in 1990, the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball was created as a means of recognizing individuals who capture the spirit of commitment and pursuit of excellence; standards which define the legendary coach Vince Lombardi and the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation.
For tickets or more information about the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, visit www.lombardifoundation.org or call (414) 649-7015.
- Lippert Tile wins Starnet® Worldwide’s 2016 Flooring Contractor Sustainability Award
- Travel Leaders offers tips for Navagating Airport Security lines faster
- Summer Reading is Here
- Trinity UCC Outdoor Contemporary Worship and Picnic
- County Parks Offers Free Chess Camps
- Sky Zone Debuts Glow Zone Fridays
- Milwaukee Seniors Celebrate National Senior Fitness Day this Wednesday
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo