The Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation and the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball Planning Committee are proud to announce Former Milwaukee Brewers shortstop and center fielder Robin Yount as their 2014 honoree. He will be formally recognized on March 1st at the 24th Annual Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, which will be held at the Pfister Hotel in downtown Milwaukee.
Yount played his entire 20-year career with the Milwaukee Brewers. He collected more hits in the 1980s than any other player, finishing his career with a total of 3,142 hits. Yount earned MVP Awards at two positions and his 1982 MVP campaign carried the Brewers to the World Series. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1999.
“Throughout his career, Robin Yount has embodied the same commitment and strive for excellence that truly defines our organization and the legend of Coach Lombardi,” and Brent Morris. President, Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation. “Yount is a beloved member of the Milwaukee and Wisconsin community, and we are honored to recognize him with this prestigious award.”
Created in 1990, the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner Ball was created as a means of recognizing individuals who capture the spirit of commitment and pursuit of excellence; standards which define the legendary coach Vince Lombardi and the Vince Lombardi Cancer Foundation.
For tickets or more information about the Vince Lombardi Award of Excellence Dinner, visit www.lombardifoundation.org or call (414) 649-7015.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park