Hundreds of cyclists will pedal for charity Sunday, March 2 at the 14th annual Ridin’ for Research event. The fundraiser, which will be held at the Rite-Hite Family YMCA in Brown Deer, benefits the Medical College of Wisconsin Cancer Center.
More than 100 stationary bikes will be set up for riders, who choose to participate in two or more of the six, 50-minute sessions offered. Certified cycling instructors will lead the event, while participants cycle at their own comfort level. Training sessions are being offered at various local health clubs in the weeks prior to the event. The registration fee is $25 with a commitment to raise $25 per hour selected. All pledges collected go directly to the MCW Cancer Center.
The first cycling session will begin at 9:00 a.m. and run until 9:50 a.m., followed by a 10-minute break. Subsequent sessions begin on the hour, with the last session starting at 2:00 p.m. Each session has a different theme, and speakers will share stories of how their lives have been touched by cancer.
Ridin’ for Research was founded by spin instructor, wife and mother, Joanne Dixon, in 2001. Since then, the event has raised more than $1.1 million for cancer research.
The Rite-Hite Family YMCA is located at 9250 N Green Bay Rd. in Brown Deer. To register online, visit www.riding4research.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- LearningRx Tips for a Successful Parent-Teacher Conference
- Milwaukee/NARI Members Advise That Details Make the Difference in Interior Design
- Zymbiotics a New Local Company Making Fine Fermented Foods is Now Available at Outpost Coop & Metcalfe's Market
- Hart Park Square Art Guild
- Inspired by Love of Their Country, Local Contractor Gifts Veteran Family New Furnace to Help Them through Harsh Winter
- Lenten Concert & Fish Fry
- Diabetes and oral health in Milwaukee’s Mexican-American community
- Retzer Nature Center’s Annual Spring Sale Plant Pre-Orders due March 6th
- Connor Remodeling & Design Wins Three WRA Golds for Second Consecutive Year
- VFW Fundraiser in New Berlin