12th annual Local Farmer Open House
Saturday March 8th, 11 am – 3 pm at the Urban Ecology Center in Riverside Park
(1500 E. Park Pl, Milwaukee 53211).
Know your farmer. Know your food.
Meet and support your local farmers. Connect to get farm-fresh produce & more.
Whether you are just learning about Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) or have been a member for years, this is a great once-a-year opportunity to talk with local farmers, learn about their growing practices and share options, and choose which farm is best for you and your family or friends.
Lunch will be available for purchase from from Gouda Girls & MKE Localicious.
Stop by the Resource Table to learn about food preservation & cooking classes, more about how to find locally grown and produced food and how to connect with other good food enthusiasts.
Take a short workshop:
• Intro to CSAs – 11:30 am or 1:00 pm
Jamie Ferschinger, of the Urban Ecology Center, will explain how Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) works.
• Cooking from your CSA box - 12:15 pm or 2:00 pm
Annie Wegner LeFort, Chef and Master Food Preserver, will share ideas for more efficiently using the contents of a weekly CSA box to prepare quick healthy meals. Recipes, tips, and resources for cooking seasonally from scratch will be provided.
For more information, contact the Urban Ecology Center 414-964-8505 or visit them online urbanecologycenter.org.
- Color Craze at the Wauwatosa Library
- Performer Steve Girman at the Wauwatosa Public Library
- Marquette student from Menomonee Falls "Plays it forward" in support of Youth Sports Camp
- Taiwan Excellence Comes to Summerfest
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin and Easter Seals Southeast Wisconsin Celebrate Project SEARCH Completion Ceremony for Adults With Disabilities
- Electricity Program at Wauwatosa Library
- Bessie Turns 100!
- Community service project provides speakers to groups and clubs
- Appliance Gallery Offers Decorating Tips to Compliment Appliances
- Pro Skateboarder to visit Tosa Skatepark