12th annual Local Farmer Open House
Saturday March 8th, 11 am – 3 pm at the Urban Ecology Center in Riverside Park
(1500 E. Park Pl, Milwaukee 53211).
Know your farmer. Know your food.
Meet and support your local farmers. Connect to get farm-fresh produce & more.
Whether you are just learning about Community Supported Agriculture (CSAs) or have been a member for years, this is a great once-a-year opportunity to talk with local farmers, learn about their growing practices and share options, and choose which farm is best for you and your family or friends.
Lunch will be available for purchase from from Gouda Girls & MKE Localicious.
Stop by the Resource Table to learn about food preservation & cooking classes, more about how to find locally grown and produced food and how to connect with other good food enthusiasts.
Take a short workshop:
• Intro to CSAs – 11:30 am or 1:00 pm
Jamie Ferschinger, of the Urban Ecology Center, will explain how Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) works.
• Cooking from your CSA box - 12:15 pm or 2:00 pm
Annie Wegner LeFort, Chef and Master Food Preserver, will share ideas for more efficiently using the contents of a weekly CSA box to prepare quick healthy meals. Recipes, tips, and resources for cooking seasonally from scratch will be provided.
For more information, contact the Urban Ecology Center 414-964-8505 or visit them online urbanecologycenter.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Chiropractic care resolves GERD
- The Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin ALS Clinic Takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- ESPRIT Poms & Dance Team Will Perform in DISNEY in 2015
- Wisconsin Lutheran College announces plans for parking structure
- College announces plans for parking structure
- Froedtert & the Medical College of Wisconsin Support Milwaukee Mayor’s Walking Challenge
- Timely diagnosis of heparin-induced thrombocytopenia and thrombosis
- Milwaukee/NARI Reveals the Secret Ingredient of an Award-Winning Remodel
- Macy Anderson Joins Wallner Builders as Design Facilitator
- Back to School Can be Tough for Students with Mental Health Challenges Rogers InHealth unveils new social media resources to help