A Congregation Emanu-El
75th Anniversary Series Event
The Story Continues:
A Panel Discussion with Holocaust Survivors and Temple Members
As WWII and the Holocaust brought the end to Jewish communities in much of Europe, a new Jewish community was beginning in Waukesha, WI with the founding of Congregation Emanu-El in 1939. In this first in a series of Congregation Emanu-El 75th Anniversary events, Holocaust survivors and adult family members of survivors are among the featured speakers in a panel discussion “The Story Continues.”
Panel participants, most of whom are also Emanu-El congregants, will discuss the historic continuity of the Jewish community as it was simultaneously declining in Europe and starting in Waukesha. They will share the greater story of persecution and relocation as context for how communities continue and flourish as they change, move and grow. Their message: we have survived and we’re all connected --then, now and into the future.
Thursday March 6, 2014, 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Where: Congregation Emanu-El
830 West Moreland Blvd
Waukesha, WI 53188
•Moderator Sandy Hoffman, an adult child of Holocaust survivors who has been involved with Holocaust related issues and education since the early 1980's including serving as the former Chair of the Holocaust Education Resource Center
•Al Beder, Holocaust survivor
•Gary Beder, adult child of Holocaust survivor and Temple member
•Marsha Fensin, adult child of Holocaust survivor and Temple member
•Steve Merkow, long time Temple member
•Jeff Shabman, family member of Holocaust survivors and Temple Board member
•Peter Shelley, Holocaust survivor and Temple member
Admission: Free but donations welcome
For More Information Contact:
Karyn Youso, 414-403-5490, email@example.com
- MFHS Art at State Fair This Summer!
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: May schedule
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host “New Approaches to Sustainable Health Care Costs” at monthly breakfast meeting
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin, MCW and UWM to host Milwaukee Quick Pitch event
- Parenting Tip: Cleaning with Kids
- Charity car wash to raise money for Mental health
- Community leaders celebrate 40 years of MACC Fund
- Asanas for Support: Endurance Yoga Challenge Takes Aims at Lung Cancer
- Wauwatosa West students, teacher recognized for Stock Market Game Challenge
- Wauwatosa West High School Students Win National Financial Competition Again!