The public is invited to again enjoy “Pasta with a Purpose” on Saturday, Feb. 22 from 4:30 – 7 p.m. in the Fellowship Hall at Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church, 1529 Wauwatosa Ave.
Tickets are available at the door and cost $8 for adults and $4 for children ages 4 – 12. Guests 3-years-old and younger eat for free.
Guests will top their spaghetti with WAUMC’s homemade “secret sauce”. Vegetable marinara and meat versions will be offered. Dinner also includes salad, garlic toast, beverage and dessert.
Free parking is available behind the church off Underwood Avenue in the ramp and surface lot across from the fire station. Enter the building through the southwest door (red roof) or the northwest door (handicap accessible) off the upper level of the parking structure.
The event is hosted by WAUMC youth with proceeds helping fund their Appalachia Service Project mission trip. A team of 12 young people and six adult counselors will head to Kentucky in July.
ASP is a home repair ministry that focuses on making homes warmer, safer and drier for families in need. Projects can include building porches, stairs or ramps, repairing roofing and installing siding, insulation, flooring, drywall and sheetrock.
Wauwatosa Avenue United Methodist Church dates back to 1848 and began with 42-members. Today, the congregation is more than 400 strong and firmly committed to inclusiveness, celebrating a diversity of people, ideas and cultures.
WAUMC offers two Sunday services, Christian education classes for individuals ages 3 through adult, a variety of adult and youth music programs and Girl Scout and Boy Scout troops.
The congregation is involved with more than a dozen local, national and international mission outreach efforts.
The Mary of Magdala, Apostle to the Apostles, inclusive Vatican II Catholic Church celebrates Eucharist every Sunday in Wesley Hall at 9:45 a.m. on the WAUMC campus, as of Jan. 13, 2013.
For more information, call 414-453-0700 or visit www.waumc.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Hear About One of Area’s Newest Museums
- BBB Warns Service Members of common scams during Military Saves Week
- Got a Thin Mint craving? Our Girl Scout cookie drive-thrus in Milwaukee and Menomonee Falls make it easy to stock up on all your favorites!
- The Oconomowoc Lake Club Appoints New Sous Chef
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers March 11 Panel Discussion on “Expect The Unexpected…Completing A Home Improvement Project”
- Prometheus Trio To Open Free Concert Series
- A Retirement Income Planning Primer
- Columbia St. Mary's Gateway Medical Clinic Unveils New CT Scanner
- MCW seeks participants for kidney research
- Artist and Display's Final Art Class