Four long-time members of the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council, Inc. are recipients of Regional “Contractor of the Year” (CotY) awards presented by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) during this year’s regional competition. Milwaukee/NARI is the local NARI chapter and is recognized as the area’s leading home improvement and remodeling industry resource.
The four companies, winners within Region 3 (comprised of contractors in the states of Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin) and the categories in which they won, are as follows:
• Bartelt. The-Remodeling Resource, Delafield, Wis.: Residential Interior $100,000 and Over
• KD Poolscapes, Ltd., Franksville, Wis.: Residential Exterior Specialty
• Mukwonago Remodeling, Mukwonago, Wis.: Residential Interior Under $100,000
• Pekel Construction & Remodeling, Inc., Wauwatosa, Wis.: Residential Historical Renovation/Restoration
The four Milwaukee/NARI members will now compete for a National CotY in their respective categories, which will be presented on Fri., March 28, at the National NARI Evening of ExcellenceSM at the New Orleans Marriott in New Orleans, LA.
Competing projects were completed between July 1, 2012 – November 30, 2013 and were not submitted in prior NARI National contests. An impartial panel of judges who are experts within the industry and associated fields, selected winners based on each entrant’s “before and after” photography and project description. Judging was based on problem solving, functionality, aesthetics, craftsmanship, innovation, degree of difficulty, and entry presentation.
To be considered for a CotY Award, a company must be a NARI member in good standing. NARI members represent an elite group of the approximately 800,000 companies and individuals in the U.S. identifying themselves as Remodelers. There are more than 740 members in the Milwaukee Chapter, making it the largest in the nation.
The Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council was chartered in July 1961, as a Chapter of the National Home Improvement Council. In May of 1982, the National Home Improvement Council merged with the National Remodelers Association to form NARI – the National Association of the Remodeling Industry.
The Council's goals of encouraging ethical conduct, sound business practices, and professionalism in the remodeling industry have led to the growth of the remodeling industry nationwide and made NARI a recognized authority in that industry.
For more information on the Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council or to receive a free copy of the annual membership roster listing all members alphabetically and by category and the booklet, "Milwaukee/NARI's Remodeling Guide," call 414-771-4071 or visit the Council’s website at www.milwaukeenari.org.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Froedtert & MCW Ranks Among Top 10 US Academic Medical Centers
- Corporate Chair Massage Program - It's Essential!
- Halloween Safety Tips
- Dr. Kiran K. Turaga named Sharon K. Wadina Endowed Professor in Sarcoma Research
- Milwaukee Backgammon Club: October schedule
- Happy 10th Anniversary Hart Park Square!
- MCW announces Critical Care Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Fellowship Program
- MCW’s Advancing a Healthier Wisconsin Endowment awards $250,000 to assess health impact of Eau Claire community planning
- Seniors can learn tips for downsizing in free presentation Oct. 6
- MCW awarded $2.7 million grant to advance the understanding and measurement of outcomes in children with chronic disease