Discount Liquor, a Milwaukee mainstay in the community for over 54 years, will be hosting their second-annual beer tasting to kick off Milwaukee Beer Week 2014. The event, Discount Liquor’s Crafts & Drafts Spring Beer Fest, will take place on April 27th, from 2PM – 5PM, at Hart Park’s Muellner Building, located at 7300 W. Chestnut Street in Wauwatosa.
Tickets go on sale February 21, 2014 and will be available for purchase at both the Milwaukee and the Waukesha locations of Discount Liquor. General Admission tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Additionally, there are VIP Tickets for sale which cost $60 in advance and $65 at the door. VIP Ticket holders have the opportunity to sample some very rare and highly sought-after brews at the festival – everything from Cantillon and Mikkeller, to Barrel-Aged AleSmith beers, as well as pub-only releases from Bells, Founders, and 3 Floyds. Additionally, VIP Ticket holders can enter the festival one hour early (at 1:00 PM) and will have the chance to win a 1 oz. sample of Samuel Adams Utopia.
In total, there will be about 250 different beers at the tasting for attendees to choose from, allowing experienced fans and novice fans alike to widen their palate and, perhaps, find a new favorite brew. Besides the obvious attraction – the beer – there will also be raffle and silent auction items available for people to win. The proceeds of the event will benefit two non-profit organizations that the Discount Liquor family has chosen – the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance and the Tatra Slovak Dancers of Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Concordia University to host community thought leaders series
- Callen Earns Esteemed 2015 Angie’s List Super Service Award
- CigarMKE - Know Your Leaf
- R.A. Smith National’s Mike Bach Promoted to Project Manager
- White House of Music Launches Non-Profit Foundation
- MCW researchers discover ancient cellular mutation leading to multi-celled organisms
- Break Out of the Winter Blues – and Heat Things Up – at Valentine’s Day!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference