Discount Liquor, a Milwaukee mainstay in the community for over 54 years, will be hosting their second-annual beer tasting to kick off Milwaukee Beer Week 2014. The event, Discount Liquor’s Crafts & Drafts Spring Beer Fest, will take place on April 27th, from 2PM – 5PM, at Hart Park’s Muellner Building, located at 7300 W. Chestnut Street in Wauwatosa.
Tickets go on sale February 21, 2014 and will be available for purchase at both the Milwaukee and the Waukesha locations of Discount Liquor. General Admission tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Additionally, there are VIP Tickets for sale which cost $60 in advance and $65 at the door. VIP Ticket holders have the opportunity to sample some very rare and highly sought-after brews at the festival – everything from Cantillon and Mikkeller, to Barrel-Aged AleSmith beers, as well as pub-only releases from Bells, Founders, and 3 Floyds. Additionally, VIP Ticket holders can enter the festival one hour early (at 1:00 PM) and will have the chance to win a 1 oz. sample of Samuel Adams Utopia.
In total, there will be about 250 different beers at the tasting for attendees to choose from, allowing experienced fans and novice fans alike to widen their palate and, perhaps, find a new favorite brew. Besides the obvious attraction – the beer – there will also be raffle and silent auction items available for people to win. The proceeds of the event will benefit two non-profit organizations that the Discount Liquor family has chosen – the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance and the Tatra Slovak Dancers of Milwaukee.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Abby Thompson will appear in Milwaukee Rep Theater's production of A Christmas Carol
- St. Margaret Mary School to Donate 13,200 Pounds of Food
- Richard Kohlmann Named Beverage Manager at Western Racquet Club
- Area Students Perform in Miracle on 34th Street at Sunset Playhouse December 4th through December 31st
- Acclaimed actor Michael York to keynote amyloidosis event
- YOUNG WAUWATOSA RESIDENT APPEARS IN FIRST STAGE'S RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER
- Shop Small on Small Business Saturday
- Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Council Honors Barry Mandel With the “Building Milwaukee” Award
- Local Businesses Collect, Deliver More than 4,000 Pounds of Food to New Berlin Food Pantry
- TOP 10 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW WHEN BUYING A HOME