Discount Liquor, a Milwaukee mainstay in the community for over 54 years, will be hosting their second-annual beer tasting to kick off Milwaukee Beer Week 2014. The event, Discount Liquor’s Crafts & Drafts Spring Beer Fest, will take place on April 27th, from 2PM – 5PM, at Hart Park’s Muellner Building, located at 7300 W. Chestnut Street in Wauwatosa.
Tickets go on sale February 21, 2014 and will be available for purchase at both the Milwaukee and the Waukesha locations of Discount Liquor. General Admission tickets are $45 in advance and $50 at the door. Additionally, there are VIP Tickets for sale which cost $60 in advance and $65 at the door. VIP Ticket holders have the opportunity to sample some very rare and highly sought-after brews at the festival – everything from Cantillon and Mikkeller, to Barrel-Aged AleSmith beers, as well as pub-only releases from Bells, Founders, and 3 Floyds. Additionally, VIP Ticket holders can enter the festival one hour early (at 1:00 PM) and will have the chance to win a 1 oz. sample of Samuel Adams Utopia.
In total, there will be about 250 different beers at the tasting for attendees to choose from, allowing experienced fans and novice fans alike to widen their palate and, perhaps, find a new favorite brew. Besides the obvious attraction – the beer – there will also be raffle and silent auction items available for people to win. The proceeds of the event will benefit two non-profit organizations that the Discount Liquor family has chosen – the Wisconsin Ovarian Cancer Alliance and the Tatra Slovak Dancers of Milwaukee.
- Civic Band Concert Line Up Announced
- Local Resident Participates in BOEING BOEING at Sunset Playhouse
- Stampede for Scouting at the Zoo
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016