Join us for an amazing opportunity, Tuesday, February 11 between 6:30 and 9:30, as we gather together to paint our jeans for Denim Day!
All the jeans that we paint with artist Vanessa KiKi Johanning will be put on display at Hope Shining Blue, a fashion-forward event being hosted on Denim Day, Wednesday, April 23 at the Harley-Davidson Museum Garage.
We hope you will join us tomorrow for this impactful open art night! Remember to bring a pair of jeans or two to paint. Please RSVP to Vanessa at 414-213-7775 or email email@example.com.
To attend Hope Shining Blue on Denim Day, April 23, go to TheHealingCenter.org
Support sticker - denim dayWhat is Denim Day?
Denim Day is recognized internationally on April 23 in honor of a woman in Italy who was forcibly raped by her driving instructor. The woman pressed charges, but the case was dismissed because the chief judge decided that, “… because the victim wore very, very tight jeans, she had to help him remove them, and by removing the jeans it was no longer rape, but consensual sex.”
Vanessa JohanningAbout the Artist
Vanessa KiKi Johanning is a full time Internationally Sold Mixed Media Artist, Trendspotter, and Designer.
Having 20 years experience in the Interior & GardenDesign Arena, Her work is always filled with many details and color! Whether it’s the tiny stamen of the flowers she builds on canvas, or the movement created by the layers of collage, Her work encourages you to take the time to explore the many stories hidden in her paintings and sculpture. Many clients have commented “When you purchase a piece, months may go by before every tiny detail, finally reveals itself!”-
Vanessa is Quoted:
“That’s what makes Art so exciting!
One brushstroke at a time…”
Her work can be found in several galleries in Wisconsin while she creates and teaches out of her fun, bright art studio in Waukesha
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Nora Collins to headline at WAUMC Community Coffee House benefiting Habitat for Humanity
- BBB Wisconsin Announces Statewide Torch Ethics Award Finalists
- Investigators to study link between brain injury and addiction
- Spring Salad Luncheom
- Auction Benefits Outdoor Recreation
- Alverno College Cancels Classes For One Day So Students Can Volunteer
- North Shore Bank Hosts Free Community Shredding Day on May 2
- Hart Park River Clean-up
- LearningRx in Brookfield Donates to Autism Society of Southeastern Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Repertory Theater Children's Audition Notice: A Christmas Carol