POSPONED: GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Appear in Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio Interstate Music
Seasoned jazz veteran Randy Brecker was to appear on Cascio's stage from 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm on Monday, February 17 for a FREE Jazz Masterclass Clinic and Performance, but the event will be rescheduled for another day.
Cascio Interstate Music SuperStore, 13819 W. National Avenue in New Berlin, along with Yamaha Musical Instruments, had planned to present the six-time GRAMMY® Award-winning virtuosic trumpeter, flugelhornist and prolific composer, but his flight to Milwaukee was cancelled.
Brecker is currently touring with the “Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60!” group featuring vocalist Karrin Allyson. On January 26 in Los Angeles, Brecker, along with the Włodek Pawlik Trio & Kalisz Philharmonic, received a GRAMMY® Award for "Night In Calisia" for Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album. See and hear the title track at http://youtu.be/z-6beDg2YRs. As a composer, performer and in-demand Yamaha clinician, Randy Brecker continues to influence and inspire young musicians around the world. Read more about Randy at http://randybrecker.com/.
Cascio’s roots began in 1946 in Milwaukee from a small music store to what is now the nation’s 11th largest musical instrument retailer, providing instruments and accessories to music educators, professionals and hobbyists worldwide. Today, over 75,000 musical products are marketed nationally online, and at their SuperStore in the Milwaukee suburb of New Berlin. Cascio also carries their own company-designed brands of guitars, drums and band instruments – Archer, Union and Ravel – for consumers and schools and major retailers across the country. Connect with Cascio at http://www.interstatemusic.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Cascio.Superstore, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/interstatemusic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- De-clutter your home and recycle your books!
- Tosa's All-City Read Welcomes You to First Week Activities
- Parkinson’s gene linked to lung cancer
- “Grillologists,” Lambeau Leap Inventor, and Local Experts on Food to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- ONLY A FEW SPOTS LEFT FOR CIGARMKE'S FEBRUARY EVENT
- Mardi Gras Big Band Dinner Dance
- Milwaukee German Immersion School Students become JA BizTown Citizens
- BBB Top 10 Scams of 2014
- National Memorabilia Appraiser & Local Home & Gardening Experts to Present at Milwaukee/NARI Home Improvement Show
- Sharpen your sleuthing skills for New Berlin Rotary's Murder Mystery Feb. 7