POSPONED: GRAMMY® Award-Winning Trumpeter Randy Brecker to Appear in Free Jazz Clinic with Area High School Students at Cascio Interstate Music
Seasoned jazz veteran Randy Brecker was to appear on Cascio's stage from 3:30 pm - 8:00 pm on Monday, February 17 for a FREE Jazz Masterclass Clinic and Performance, but the event will be rescheduled for another day.
Cascio Interstate Music SuperStore, 13819 W. National Avenue in New Berlin, along with Yamaha Musical Instruments, had planned to present the six-time GRAMMY® Award-winning virtuosic trumpeter, flugelhornist and prolific composer, but his flight to Milwaukee was cancelled.
Brecker is currently touring with the “Newport Jazz Festival: Now 60!” group featuring vocalist Karrin Allyson. On January 26 in Los Angeles, Brecker, along with the Włodek Pawlik Trio & Kalisz Philharmonic, received a GRAMMY® Award for "Night In Calisia" for Best Large Jazz Ensemble Album. See and hear the title track at http://youtu.be/z-6beDg2YRs. As a composer, performer and in-demand Yamaha clinician, Randy Brecker continues to influence and inspire young musicians around the world. Read more about Randy at http://randybrecker.com/.
Cascio’s roots began in 1946 in Milwaukee from a small music store to what is now the nation’s 11th largest musical instrument retailer, providing instruments and accessories to music educators, professionals and hobbyists worldwide. Today, over 75,000 musical products are marketed nationally online, and at their SuperStore in the Milwaukee suburb of New Berlin. Cascio also carries their own company-designed brands of guitars, drums and band instruments – Archer, Union and Ravel – for consumers and schools and major retailers across the country. Connect with Cascio at http://www.interstatemusic.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/Cascio.Superstore, and on Twitter at https://twitter.com/interstatemusic.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Adolescent patients needed for study on pain
- Care and quality of life for older, rural HIV-positive adults
- HGTV’s House Hunters Returns to Southeastern Wisconsin to Feature Flat Rate Home Services’ Employee
- International Expert Dr. Michele Borba to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Stars and Stripes Honor Flight-The Final Thank You
- Meijer Announces Opening Dates for First Wisconsin Supercenters
- Comprehensive Eye Exams Can Help Re-engage Patients Into Care for Certain Chronic Conditions, With the Potential to Help Improve Health and Reduce Costs
- Tosa East Junior Achieves Eagle Scout Award
- G.A.P.C. Hosts Annual Strawberry Fest June 14th
- Milwaukee to Host 2015 USA Ultimate Division 1 College Championships, May 22-25 at Uihlein Park