A total of 446 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) faculty physicians, representing 63 specialties, are listed on the Best Doctors in America® list for 2014. The information, compiled by Best Doctors, Inc., includes more physicians from MCW than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin.
MCW physicians account for 44 percent of the 1,015 Wisconsin physicians listed as Best Doctors. More Best Doctors practice at MCW’s major teaching hospital affiliates, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, than at any other hospitals in the state.
The database lists 310 MCW physicians who have privileges at Froedtert Hospital, and 231 faculty physicians with privileges at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Many MCW faculty physicians on the Best Doctors list practice at both Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital.
A number of MCW doctors practicing at other hospitals were also named Best Doctors, including 104 doctors at Froedtert & the Medical College Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, 72 doctors at Froedtert & the Medical College St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend and 68 physicians at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
To view the MCW list of all 446 physicians, by name and specialty, please visit the website at http://www.mcw.edu/publicaffairs/NewsCenter/BestDoctors/Best-Doctors-2014.htm.
The 53,000 U.S. physicians listed in the Best Doctors in America® 2014 database represent the top five percent of the nation’s practicing board-certified physicians. Physicians selected for inclusion are determined through a peer-review by thousands of doctors nationwide. Only those physicians who earn the consensus support of their peers as well as meet additional qualification criteria are included. The database is available to public through subscription. Additional information is available at www.bestdoctors.com. Best Doctors® is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IndependenceFirst Stride & Glide 5K and family-friendly fitness event
- Callen Receives 2015 Pulse of the City Customer Service Award
- MCW to host renowned nutrition expert at heart health conference
- Greater Brookfield Chamber of Commerce presents Bluemound Road Building Boom – From Barker to Moorland
- Time to Brush Up
- Independent Business Association of Wisconsin (IBAW) to host Preparing Future Generations for Career Readiness
- Metallurgical Associates Announces New/Old Ownership
- Black Lives Matter: Racial Disparity and the Criminal Justice System
- Milwaukee NARI Foundation Announces 2016 Spring Semester Scholarship Recipients
- Wauwatosa West Dance Team wins Regionals