A total of 446 Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) faculty physicians, representing 63 specialties, are listed on the Best Doctors in America® list for 2014. The information, compiled by Best Doctors, Inc., includes more physicians from MCW than any other group practice or institution in Wisconsin.
MCW physicians account for 44 percent of the 1,015 Wisconsin physicians listed as Best Doctors. More Best Doctors practice at MCW’s major teaching hospital affiliates, Froedtert Hospital and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin, than at any other hospitals in the state.
The database lists 310 MCW physicians who have privileges at Froedtert Hospital, and 231 faculty physicians with privileges at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Many MCW faculty physicians on the Best Doctors list practice at both Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin and Froedtert Hospital.
A number of MCW doctors practicing at other hospitals were also named Best Doctors, including 104 doctors at Froedtert & the Medical College Community Memorial Hospital in Menomonee Falls, 72 doctors at Froedtert & the Medical College St. Joseph’s Hospital in West Bend and 68 physicians at the Zablocki VA Medical Center.
To view the MCW list of all 446 physicians, by name and specialty, please visit the website at http://www.mcw.edu/publicaffairs/NewsCenter/BestDoctors/Best-Doctors-2014.htm.
The 53,000 U.S. physicians listed in the Best Doctors in America® 2014 database represent the top five percent of the nation’s practicing board-certified physicians. Physicians selected for inclusion are determined through a peer-review by thousands of doctors nationwide. Only those physicians who earn the consensus support of their peers as well as meet additional qualification criteria are included. The database is available to public through subscription. Additional information is available at www.bestdoctors.com. Best Doctors® is a registered trademark of Best Doctors, Inc.
- Matthew McLachlan Wins 2016 National Spanish Exam Travel Award
- Chicago Mass Choir Headlines Gospel Showcase Set for July 29
- Director of the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institutes of Health to receive honorary degree, speak at commencement May 20; four community leaders to receive honorary degrees
- Zoom into Nano Opens Big at Discovery World
- MCW receives $6.8 million U.S. Army grant to research neck, spine and brain safety in the military
- BBB Names 2016 Business Ethics Winners
- Deep Sea Discovery VBS 2016
- Summer Reading is Starting Soon
- MCW researchers find “color-correcting glasses” don’t live up to the hype
- YMCA OF GREATER WAUKESHA COUNTY PARTNERS WITH ELMBROOK SCHOOL DISTRICT ON BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM