Radiologist Dr. Patricia Burrows joins MCW faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin staff
Patricia E. Burrows, MD, an internationally renowned pediatric interventional and neurointerventional radiologist, has been appointed professor of radiology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). She sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Dr. Burrows is recognized as a leading researcher and authority on vascular malformations and abnormalities, and is board certified in diagnostic radiology, with expertise in pediatric and vascular interventional radiology. Dr. Burrows comes to MCW and Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin from University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston, where she was a visiting professor of radiology.
Dr. Burrows has published extensively on vascular malformations and anomalies in peer-reviewed journals, with over 240 original research and clinical reports. She is a reviewer for several radiology publications and has co-authored a book on hemangiomas and vascular malformations. Dr. Burrows holds numerous awards and distinguished lectureships spanning the last thirty years and has held appointments as visiting professor in eight countries from 1987 to 2008. She served as general secretary, vice president, president-elect and president of the International Society for the Study of Vascular Anomalies from 2006-2012. She continues to be an active member in this and other national and international radiological societies.
In addition to University of Texas Health Science Center, Dr. Burrows has served on faculties of Harvard Medical School, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, University of Toronto, and Baylor College of Medicine. She earned her medical degree at the University of Manitoba in 1976, where she completed her residency in radiology in 1980. She went on to complete clinical fellowships in pediatric radiology at Winnipeg Children’s Hospital in 1981 and Harvard University in 1982. She also completed a clinical fellowship in therapeutic and diagnostic neuroangiography at the Hospital du Kremlin-Bicetre, University of Paris in 1986. Dr. Burrows was head of cardiovascular radiology from 1987 to 1992 at the Hospital for Sick Children in Toronto, chief of cardiovascular and interventional radiology and interventional neuroradiology at Children’s Hospital in Boston from 1993-2003, and thereafter co-director of the Vascular Anomalies Center at the same site.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde