Pediatric Otolaryngologist Dr. David Beste Joins MCW Faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Staff
David J. Beste, MD, has been appointed professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in otolaryngology, Dr. Beste specializes in pediatric otolaryngology (infant, child and adolescent). His research interests include screening and treatment of pediatric otitis media, or ear infections. He has held five different grants in which he was principal or co-investigator, published more than two dozen original research papers and has given more than sixty regional, national and international invited lectures, workshops and site visits.
After earning his medical degree at MCW in 1979, Dr. Beste completed his residency in otolaryngology at MCW Affiliated Hospitals in 1984. He also completed clinical and research fellowships in pediatric otolaryngology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 1987. Since then, he has held faculty and administrative appointments at MCW and Marquette University.
Dr. Beste has been actively involved in various committees at MCW and in national otolaryngology societies. He initiated and developed the Pediatric Otolaryngology Service and Pediatric Cochlear Implant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Earlier in his career, Dr. Beste served as vice chair of otolaryngology at MCW and as director of Children’s Speech and Audiology at Children’s Hospital. He also directed the pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training program at the two institutions for seven years. In 2004-05, he served as president of the Wisconsin Pediatric Society. Dr. Beste has been recognized for his work by Best Doctors, Inc. and is listed in the Best Doctors in America 2013–2014 database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW-Green Bay receives $250,000 Impact Grant from the Green Bay Packers Foundation
- New Dr. Nicole Knapp, D.C. blog post – Pregnancy and Chiropractic
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Maintains Summer Momentum, Donating More Than $500 to Schools
- "In Your Eyes: The Animal/Human Connection"
- Enroll Now For Free Welding Training
- Dental Exam Often Overlooked as Part of Prenatal Care
- Polonia's Annual Festival
- Callen Construction Suggests Kitchen Upgrades for Easier Cooking and Cleaning
- Brighter Economic Prospects Brings Greater Focus on Cash Flow, Efficiency
- Join Milwaukee Art Museum and Kohl’s Art Generation’s Story Time This Weekend with Guest Author Susan Verde