Pediatric Otolaryngologist Dr. David Beste Joins MCW Faculty, Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin Staff
David J. Beste, MD, has been appointed professor of otolaryngology and communication sciences at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW). He sees patients at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin.
Board certified in otolaryngology, Dr. Beste specializes in pediatric otolaryngology (infant, child and adolescent). His research interests include screening and treatment of pediatric otitis media, or ear infections. He has held five different grants in which he was principal or co-investigator, published more than two dozen original research papers and has given more than sixty regional, national and international invited lectures, workshops and site visits.
After earning his medical degree at MCW in 1979, Dr. Beste completed his residency in otolaryngology at MCW Affiliated Hospitals in 1984. He also completed clinical and research fellowships in pediatric otolaryngology at the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine in 1987. Since then, he has held faculty and administrative appointments at MCW and Marquette University.
Dr. Beste has been actively involved in various committees at MCW and in national otolaryngology societies. He initiated and developed the Pediatric Otolaryngology Service and Pediatric Cochlear Implant Program at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin. Earlier in his career, Dr. Beste served as vice chair of otolaryngology at MCW and as director of Children’s Speech and Audiology at Children’s Hospital. He also directed the pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training program at the two institutions for seven years. In 2004-05, he served as president of the Wisconsin Pediatric Society. Dr. Beste has been recognized for his work by Best Doctors, Inc. and is listed in the Best Doctors in America 2013–2014 database.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Clips partners with American Red Cross
- Girl Scouts of Wisconsin Southeast calls for new Girl Scout members and volunteers to join in the fun
- Predicting and preventing necrotizing enterocolitis
- Participation in Special Milk Program
- Dr. William Campbell named Eminent Scholar
- Franchisee Opens Second Dickey’s Barbecue Pit Location in Wisconsin
- St. Jude Thrift Plans Fall Sales
- Milwaukee/NARI to Sponsor 24th Annual Fall Home & Remodeling Show
- Volunteering for St. Camillus
- CTSI funds spinal cord injury study