Master Singers of Milwaukee will be celebrating their 40th year at their concerts on Saturday, March 8th at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 9th at 3:30 p.m. The highlight of the concert will be one of the greatest pieces of choral literature, “Jesu, meine Freude” by J.S.Bach. Conductor Eduardo Garcia-Novelli will give a brief pre-concert talk about the Bach motet to guide the listening audience toward deeper understanding. They will also sing “Missa Brevis” by Walton, “The Beatitudes” by Martynov, “Psalm 148” by Holst and “Hear My Prayer” by Mendelssohn.
Bringing the most beautiful and inspiring choral music to their audiences is, and has been for the past 40 years, the goal of Master Singers. The choir, composed of many professional musicians and some of the best singers in the community, celebrates the joy and mystic quality of combining voices in a single work of beauty.
Singers who have sung with Master Singers (or the predecessor, the Schuetz Singers) are invited to join the current group in singing “How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place” from the Brahms Requiem during the concert. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 414-873-0204 for further information.
The Saturday, March 8th concert is at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 914 E. Knapp, Milwaukee, and Sunday, March 9th concert is at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 20275 Davidson Rd, Brookfield. A reception will follow both concerts. Ticket prices are $18 general admission, $15 for seniors and $10 for students. Tickets can be purchased at www.mastersingersofmilwaukee.org or by calling 888-744-2226
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room
- Paul Pennoyer Joins Bartelt as a Lead Carpenter
- Help Tarte make Sweet Dreams come true this season!
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- VMP Manor Park Pumpkin Smash
- Volunteer! It's the "nice" of life!
- The role of the church in HIV prevention
- Wauwatosa Health Department Flu Clinics
- Chicago Bus Trip Planned