Master Singers of Milwaukee will be celebrating their 40th year at their concerts on Saturday, March 8th at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, March 9th at 3:30 p.m. The highlight of the concert will be one of the greatest pieces of choral literature, “Jesu, meine Freude” by J.S.Bach. Conductor Eduardo Garcia-Novelli will give a brief pre-concert talk about the Bach motet to guide the listening audience toward deeper understanding. They will also sing “Missa Brevis” by Walton, “The Beatitudes” by Martynov, “Psalm 148” by Holst and “Hear My Prayer” by Mendelssohn.
Bringing the most beautiful and inspiring choral music to their audiences is, and has been for the past 40 years, the goal of Master Singers. The choir, composed of many professional musicians and some of the best singers in the community, celebrates the joy and mystic quality of combining voices in a single work of beauty.
Singers who have sung with Master Singers (or the predecessor, the Schuetz Singers) are invited to join the current group in singing “How Lovely is Thy Dwelling Place” from the Brahms Requiem during the concert. Please contact email@example.com or 414-873-0204 for further information.
The Saturday, March 8th concert is at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, 914 E. Knapp, Milwaukee, and Sunday, March 9th concert is at St. John’s Lutheran Church, 20275 Davidson Rd, Brookfield. A reception will follow both concerts. Ticket prices are $18 general admission, $15 for seniors and $10 for students. Tickets can be purchased at www.mastersingersofmilwaukee.org or by calling 888-744-2226
- Dublin the Fun Partner Promotions Make Milwaukee Irish Fest Even More Affordable
- September Fashion Show in Washington County
- Back to School...BBB Reminds You to Shop Smart!
- New Brookfield Nutrition Office Open August 1
- Back To School....BBB Reminds You To Shop Smart!
- Meijer to Sponsor Six Flags Great America Back-2-School Blast
- McKinley Lodge hosts "World Famous Fish Fry"
- Civic Band Plays Free Concert Sunday
- KIDS From Wisconsin to Rock New Berlin West Aug. 19
- Melinda Myers to Present Twice Daily at The Wisconsin State Fair