A four-year-old boy peers out of the window. He smiles gleefully as you pull into the driveway. He is excited to see you because he knows that you have offered to be the link to seeing his mother. He starts telling you about his day at school as you buckle him safely in to his car seat. Later that week, a woman sighs with relief as she opens your vehicle door. She shyly tells you how thankful she is that you have agreed to be the connection to her much needed counseling appointment. She would not be able to meet with her therapist without you.
These are the experiences you will have as a Volunteer Driver of Waukesha County Health and Human Services. If you seek a flexible opportunity to strengthen families, ensure a greater quality of life for someone in need, and be part of an incredible team, then you are invited to join our Volunteer Driver Team. With your help we will be able to continue to connect people in need to vital services.
Mileage reimbursement, flexible scheduling, ongoing training and support, and gratitude from clients included. You choose your own schedule, and will be reimbursed plus more for your mileage. Opportunities are available Monday-Friday, including weekday and some evenings. We provide car seats or booster seats as needed.
We are in need of volunteers who reside close to the Waukesha, New Berlin, or Brookfield areas.
This is the perfect opportunity to truly make a difference in another person’s life and have fun doing it!
Please contact Waukesha County at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder