A four-year-old boy peers out of the window. He smiles gleefully as you pull into the driveway. He is excited to see you because he knows that you have offered to be the link to seeing his mother. He starts telling you about his day at school as you buckle him safely in to his car seat. Later that week, a woman sighs with relief as she opens your vehicle door. She shyly tells you how thankful she is that you have agreed to be the connection to her much needed counseling appointment. She would not be able to meet with her therapist without you.
These are the experiences you will have as a Volunteer Driver of Waukesha County Health and Human Services. If you seek a flexible opportunity to strengthen families, ensure a greater quality of life for someone in need, and be part of an incredible team, then you are invited to join our Volunteer Driver Team. With your help we will be able to continue to connect people in need to vital services.
Mileage reimbursement, flexible scheduling, ongoing training and support, and gratitude from clients included. You choose your own schedule, and will be reimbursed plus more for your mileage. Opportunities are available Monday-Friday, including weekday and some evenings. We provide car seats or booster seats as needed.
We are in need of volunteers who reside close to the Waukesha, New Berlin, or Brookfield areas.
This is the perfect opportunity to truly make a difference in another person’s life and have fun doing it!
Please contact Waukesha County at email@example.com for more information!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- BBB to Hold Free Fall Shredding Events
- Travel Around the World at the 71st Annual Holiday Folk Fair International
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips for Easier Fall Lawn & Garden Maintenance
- Attendance at Seventh Annual Multi-Chamber Networking Event Tops Two Hundred Fifty Members
- Meet Your New Employer at the Workforce Development Center's Autumn Recruitment Fair
- Fall Open House at Heritage Court in Menomonee Falls
- St. Robert School Annual Rummage Sale October 3 and 4
- Bartelt Wins Two MBA Achievement Awards
- HMGC designated to run Undiagnosed Disease Network sequencing center
- New parking lot kicks off $1 million in WAUMC capital improvements