A four-year-old boy peers out of the window. He smiles gleefully as you pull into the driveway. He is excited to see you because he knows that you have offered to be the link to seeing his mother. He starts telling you about his day at school as you buckle him safely in to his car seat. Later that week, a woman sighs with relief as she opens your vehicle door. She shyly tells you how thankful she is that you have agreed to be the connection to her much needed counseling appointment. She would not be able to meet with her therapist without you.
These are the experiences you will have as a Volunteer Driver of Waukesha County Health and Human Services. If you seek a flexible opportunity to strengthen families, ensure a greater quality of life for someone in need, and be part of an incredible team, then you are invited to join our Volunteer Driver Team. With your help we will be able to continue to connect people in need to vital services.
Mileage reimbursement, flexible scheduling, ongoing training and support, and gratitude from clients included. You choose your own schedule, and will be reimbursed plus more for your mileage. Opportunities are available Monday-Friday, including weekday and some evenings. We provide car seats or booster seats as needed.
We are in need of volunteers who reside close to the Waukesha, New Berlin, or Brookfield areas.
This is the perfect opportunity to truly make a difference in another person’s life and have fun doing it!
Please contact Waukesha County at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study