A four-year-old boy peers out of the window. He smiles gleefully as you pull into the driveway. He is excited to see you because he knows that you have offered to be the link to seeing his mother. He starts telling you about his day at school as you buckle him safely in to his car seat. Later that week, a woman sighs with relief as she opens your vehicle door. She shyly tells you how thankful she is that you have agreed to be the connection to her much needed counseling appointment. She would not be able to meet with her therapist without you.
These are the experiences you will have as a Volunteer Driver of Waukesha County Health and Human Services. If you seek a flexible opportunity to strengthen families, ensure a greater quality of life for someone in need, and be part of an incredible team, then you are invited to join our Volunteer Driver Team. With your help we will be able to continue to connect people in need to vital services.
Mileage reimbursement, flexible scheduling, ongoing training and support, and gratitude from clients included. You choose your own schedule, and will be reimbursed plus more for your mileage. Opportunities are available Monday-Friday, including weekday and some evenings. We provide car seats or booster seats as needed.
We are in need of volunteers who reside close to the Waukesha, New Berlin, or Brookfield areas.
This is the perfect opportunity to truly make a difference in another person’s life and have fun doing it!
Please contact Waukesha County at email@example.com for more information!
- Men's Grief Support Gathering
- Two Nationally Known Experts on Character Education to Speak at Alverno College Character Education Conference
- Free Movies in the Park
- MCW’s Joseph C. Besharse, PhD, receives ARVO Proctor Medal for lifetime achievement in vision research
- AlphaGraphics of Brookfield becomes ISO 9000 compliant
- Bartelt Wins Two Regional Chrysalis Awards
- C.A.R.I.N.G. Group Elmbrook Donates Nearly $900 to Elmbrook Schools in April
- Celebrate and remember our nation’s heroes from May 16-21!
- June 4 Workshop Spotlights Merton and Heschel, Spiritual Giants
- Liturgical Musicians Honor Sister Mary Jane Wagner