A discussion of Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
The discussion will be led by Othman Atta, Milwaukee attorney and executive director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee; Janan Najeeb, president of the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition and an adjunct professor at Cardinal Stritch University; and Irfan A. Omar, an associate professor of theology at Marquette University.
Reading of the book is not required for attending the discussion.
This is the third in a series of book discussions on the theme "Muslim Journeys: American Stories," supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Library Association.
The series, free and open to the public, is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries, the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition, and UWM Cultures & Communities Program.
More information at http:// guides.library.uwm.edu/ content.php?pid=490308&sid= 4023039
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study