A discussion of Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
The discussion will be led by Othman Atta, Milwaukee attorney and executive director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee; Janan Najeeb, president of the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition and an adjunct professor at Cardinal Stritch University; and Irfan A. Omar, an associate professor of theology at Marquette University.
Reading of the book is not required for attending the discussion.
This is the third in a series of book discussions on the theme "Muslim Journeys: American Stories," supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Library Association.
The series, free and open to the public, is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries, the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition, and UWM Cultures & Communities Program.
More information at http:// guides.library.uwm.edu/ content.php?pid=490308&sid= 4023039
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Catey Ott Dance Collective: 3rd (i) EYE Conscious
- The State of Senior Health: Where Wisconsin Made Strides, and Where We Need to Improve
- EveryBODY Plays! MCW to host adaptive sports and recreation expo
- The Energy for Life walk Milwaukee to benefit the United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation will be held on September 26th at Greenfield Park
- BloodCenter of Wisconsin to Host Declaration for Donations Blood Drive
- Internet Safety Month is a Reminder to Check Children’s Online Activities
- 25 Reasons Why Cotter Consulting Loves Milwaukee
- Imagine More Dinner to raise funds, awareness for neuroscience research
- Thankful for a tobacco-free Dad
- Encouraging Independence to help Unlock your Child’s Potential