A discussion of Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
The discussion will be led by Othman Atta, Milwaukee attorney and executive director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee; Janan Najeeb, president of the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition and an adjunct professor at Cardinal Stritch University; and Irfan A. Omar, an associate professor of theology at Marquette University.
Reading of the book is not required for attending the discussion.
This is the third in a series of book discussions on the theme "Muslim Journeys: American Stories," supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Library Association.
The series, free and open to the public, is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries, the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition, and UWM Cultures & Communities Program.
More information at http:// guides.library.uwm.edu/ content.php?pid=490308&sid= 4023039
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Winter Used Book Sale at Library
- Milwaukee/NARI’s Tips For Last-Minute Home Winterization
- Christmas Holly Fair
- Free Jumping at Sky Zone with Food Donation
- Researcher to investigate effective health information technology implementation
- Alverno College Awarded College Ready Grant from Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation
- BBB Balances 2014 Trends with Tips for Smart Holiday Shoppers
- 125 Volunteers Needed at Special Olympics Wisconsin State Bowling and Volleyball Tourney
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Ticket Discounts to Support Salvation Army
- MCW researchers to investigate biological factors of post-traumatic stress disorder