A discussion of Eboo Patel's book Acts of Faith will be held on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the American Geographical Society Library, located on the third floor east wing of the UWM Golda Meir Library building, 2311 E. Hartford Ave.
The discussion will be led by Othman Atta, Milwaukee attorney and executive director of the Islamic Society of Milwaukee; Janan Najeeb, president of the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition and an adjunct professor at Cardinal Stritch University; and Irfan A. Omar, an associate professor of theology at Marquette University.
Reading of the book is not required for attending the discussion.
This is the third in a series of book discussions on the theme "Muslim Journeys: American Stories," supported by the National Endowment for the Humanities and the American Library Association.
The series, free and open to the public, is co-sponsored by the UWM Libraries, the Milwaukee Muslim Women’s Coalition, and UWM Cultures & Communities Program.
More information at http:// guides.library.uwm.edu/ content.php?pid=490308&sid= 4023039
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- MCW researchers to study treatment reporting tools for breast cancer care
- Thanksgiving Day Worship Service
- Wordsworth Trust Curator to Speak at Wisconsin Lutheran College
- Hart Park Fall Clean-up & Weed-out
- MCW enters new era of medical education
- Milwaukee/NARI Suggests Ways to Ensure a Positive Remodeling Experience in 6 Steps
- Medical physicist named 2014 Educator of the Year
- Does breast milk affect necrotizing enterocolitis?
- Holiday Folk Fair International Offers Advance Ticket Purchase Opportunities
- Milwaukee/NARI Offers November 5 Panel Discussion on Refreshing Mudroom and Laundry Room