Cascio Interstate Music, 13819 W. National Ave. in New Berlin, will present free Recording & Audio Technology Classes from 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on three Saturdays – February 1, 8 and 15. Cascio product specialist Bob Tjarks, a veteran of the Chicago audio and music industry for the past three decades, will present the classes.
• FEBRUARY 1st: "RULE #1 - UP IS LOUDER!!"
Understanding Microphones, Operating Levels, and Equalization
In your first 90 minute class, you will gain an understanding of different types of microphones to help you choose the proper mic for your application. You will also learn what happens when you plug a ________ into a ________ (you'll get to ﬁll in the blanks). Lastly, a closer look and listen to using graphic and parametric equalizers will help you create the tone you desire.
• FEBRUARY 8th: "I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH!!"
Dynamic Effects Processing, Digital Sample Rates & Resolution, Audio Cables
In session two, you'll learn what the numbers really mean. 16-bit, 24-bit, or 32bit, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, or 96kHz - What sample rate and bit resolution should you use and why? You will also get to use compressors/limiters & noise gates to control your sound in a way you never have before. You'll also discover the differences between balanced, unbalanced, shielded and non-shielded cables and learn which one is best in specific applications.
• FEBRUARY 15th: "IF IT SOUNDS RIGHT, IT IS RIGHT!!"
Time & Pitch Based Effects, Mixing & Mastering
The final session will cover time-based effects such as digital delay and reverb, as well as pitch correction methods. You'll also learn how and when to use time compression and expansion. We'll give you some mixing tips and debunk several myths about the mastering process so that you can finish your project in style.
Throughout his career, Bob Tjarks has designed and supplied equipment to recording studios, audio for video post production facilities, mobile recording trucks, and performance stages throughout the Midwest. He's worked with a wide range of Grammy award-winning artists, audio engineers and producers from Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins), Steve Albini (producer for Nirvana), to Richard Marx, Donny Osmond and ﬁlm producer John Hughes. Please call Bob at (262) 439-5808 if you have any questions.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Dr. Raj Rao to chair FDA panel
- Area Remodeling Association Reports Improved Activity Results for First Half of 2014
- UW-Waukesha Continuing Education Classes (Sept 29-Oct 5, 2014)
- MCW to host graduate school open house
- Tosa West Alumni Publishes Book
- Tosa East HS Senior earns Eagle Scout Award
- Local Chiropractic Office Hosts Free Workshop on Kids Nutrition
- AromaTouch Technique at Authentic Birth Center & Wellness Collective
- 20th Annual Ridin’ to a Cure motorcycle rally to take place September 26 & 27
- Marquette researchers receive $1.85 million grant for neuroscience study