Blake W. Buchan, PhD, assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has earned certification as a diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM). This certification is the highest credential that a doctoral-level clinical microbiologist is able to earn.
Dr. Buchan earned his doctoral degree from the University of Iowa in 2009. He completed postdoctoral training at MCW in 2011, after which he joined the faculty. In addition to his faculty appointment, Dr. Buchan is the associate director of clinical microbiology and the director of safety for Dynacare Laboratory.
The ABMM was established in 1959 and is one of three boards of the American College of Microbiology administering certification programs. Certification by the ABMM is recognized by federal and state governmental agencies as a significant component toward meeting licensure requirements for high complexity laboratory directors and is recognized under the final rule of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mount Mary University Offers Creative Connections Camp
- Wisconsin Cooks Invited to Kick-Start Culinary Dreams
- April Math Awareness Month
- Dr. Yvonne Chiu Receives Dermatology Foundation Career Development Award
- Finale Music Notation Software for Beginners
- Mount Mary University Senior Candice Block Honored at Wisconsin Institute for Peace and Conflict Conference
- Friends of Hart Park to Host River Clean Up
- Take Care of Your Mouth
- Attend a free Jeffrey Siegel Keyboard Conversation Family Concert
- Best-Selling, Oprah Book Club Author Christina Schwarz Coming to Mount Mary