Blake W. Buchan, PhD, assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has earned certification as a diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM). This certification is the highest credential that a doctoral-level clinical microbiologist is able to earn.
Dr. Buchan earned his doctoral degree from the University of Iowa in 2009. He completed postdoctoral training at MCW in 2011, after which he joined the faculty. In addition to his faculty appointment, Dr. Buchan is the associate director of clinical microbiology and the director of safety for Dynacare Laboratory.
The ABMM was established in 1959 and is one of three boards of the American College of Microbiology administering certification programs. Certification by the ABMM is recognized by federal and state governmental agencies as a significant component toward meeting licensure requirements for high complexity laboratory directors and is recognized under the final rule of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sunset Playhouse presents, direct from San Francisco, an evening of non-stop laughter: Will Durst in BOOMERAGING.
- "Shotgun Lovesongs" Book Discussion at Brookfield Library
- Easter Seals of Southeast Wisconsin to Honor Governor, Community Leaders for Supporting Its Mission
- Health on the Go: New Tools are Helping Consumers Make Better Health Care Decisions
- Callen’s Muskego Showroom to Host Easter Bunny March 28
- Injury and cell damage in alcohol liver disease
- Lecture on Increase Lapham, Mapmaker at UWM
- Breen Wines Offers New Wine Event In Wauwatosa
- Milwaukee/NARI Discusses Radon – What You Should Know
- Nathan Hale Drama takes on Pippin