Blake W. Buchan, PhD, assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has earned certification as a diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM). This certification is the highest credential that a doctoral-level clinical microbiologist is able to earn.
Dr. Buchan earned his doctoral degree from the University of Iowa in 2009. He completed postdoctoral training at MCW in 2011, after which he joined the faculty. In addition to his faculty appointment, Dr. Buchan is the associate director of clinical microbiology and the director of safety for Dynacare Laboratory.
The ABMM was established in 1959 and is one of three boards of the American College of Microbiology administering certification programs. Certification by the ABMM is recognized by federal and state governmental agencies as a significant component toward meeting licensure requirements for high complexity laboratory directors and is recognized under the final rule of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- St. Jude the Apostle Kindergartners Gift of Warmth Keeps Giving
- Virtual School Students Meet Classmates at Discovery World Field Trip
- Wauwatosa residents win grants through Northwestern Mutual Days of Sharing program
- Not a Good Idea to Bike?
- KNAPP CHIROPRACTIC AND WELLNESS CENTER, INC. PATIENTS GIVE OUTSTANDING TESTIMONIALS
- Milwaukee/NARI Recognizes Six Industry Advocates
- Dr. Melinda Stolley named MCW Cancer Center associate director
- WAUWATOSA DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN 2014: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS
- “Battle of the Bays” Getaway winner announced by BloodCenter of WI
- Celebrate the Christmas Season with Trinity United Church of Christ