Blake W. Buchan, PhD, assistant professor of pathology at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) has earned certification as a diplomate of the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM). This certification is the highest credential that a doctoral-level clinical microbiologist is able to earn.
Dr. Buchan earned his doctoral degree from the University of Iowa in 2009. He completed postdoctoral training at MCW in 2011, after which he joined the faculty. In addition to his faculty appointment, Dr. Buchan is the associate director of clinical microbiology and the director of safety for Dynacare Laboratory.
The ABMM was established in 1959 and is one of three boards of the American College of Microbiology administering certification programs. Certification by the ABMM is recognized by federal and state governmental agencies as a significant component toward meeting licensure requirements for high complexity laboratory directors and is recognized under the final rule of the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 24th Annual Milwaukee/NARI Fall Home & Remodeling Show Scheduled
- High Honors Earned At Wisconsin State Fair
- Attorney Sarah A. Ponath Opens New General Practice Law Office in Butler
- Friends of Hart Park to Host Family Film Night
- Rock For Locks Benefit / Morgan's Ride For Alopecia
- Soothe your soul in Door County, WI - Blissfull yoga retreat with Soul On Yoga
- Spinal cord injury: what determines recovery?
- 21st Annual Sprint for Spina Bifida Showcases Local Talent
- Grounds Maintenance Services is Hiring!
- Brookfield East Jr. Spartans Baseball Tryouts